Jules's DIY Pocketfold Invitations w/Pics
Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:15 PM
Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:17 PM
Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:44 AM
Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:25 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback! I will definitely write a supply list for you all, it'll just have to wait until I have some time to sit down and get it done. As for how long it took, we made 48 of the 61 I have to mail out in a day. About 8 hours I think, with an average of 3 people working on them at a time. With a few breaks for snacks and dinner of course! So it really didn't take that long at all. I had all the things printed out ahead of time, so all we did was cut and put them together. I will write a more detailed post of how we went about making them with that supply list in the next couple of days... I've got to go to bed, busy day tomorrow!!
Thanks again for all the feedback
Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:05 PM
| Originally Posted by Tanya Marie |
JULES~ What is the font that you used?
Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:25 PM
So I will do my best to list all I used. I'm still not done all of mine as I'm waiting for Michaels to get more paper in. But we printed all the envelopes tonight, and stuff the invites we did have made. Almost done!
1. 8.5 x 11 Kiwi metallic cardstock from Michaels for the card itself (.99cents per page, unless it is on sale for 3/$1.00)
2. All the inserts, the front logo and the middle part of the invite was printed on White Cardstock paper Recollections brand from Michaels ($4.99 per pack, used 50% off coupon)
3. The blue background for the middle of the invite and the front square logo was from a pack of cardstock, The Paper Company "Meadow" Fashion colors Value Pack from Michaels (on sale $3.99) I think they are clearing out this brand as all the other value packs of paper are now the Recollections brand
4. The blue and brown ribbon trimming the pocket is Spool O' ribbon from Michaels (.59 cents, on sale for 3/$1.00)
5. The brown ribbon on the outside of the invitations is Celebrate It 1 1/2 inch ribbon from Michaels ($5.99, on sale for 1/2 price, or used 50% coupon)
6. I used Pioneer Photo Albums Photo Sticker Squares to adhere the middle of the invitation together and to the card itself, as well as on the front logo (Again Michaels, $3.99 I believe, of course used coupon or what I already had)
7. The pocket was made by cutting and scoring with a bone tool then adhering it down with Zips glue strips. We also used the glue strips to adhere the ribbon to the card itself. These things are amazing, I am so glad I found them! They are super adhesive, we were having trouble keeping ourselves from getting stuck to them! (Michaels, $9.99 I think, of course used %50 coupon)
8. The entire pocketfold will be held closed with a small glue dot (Zots at Michaels, $7.99, used %50 coupon)
9. Everything was printed on my printer at home and we cut them out with paper cutters.
I think that was about it! If there are any other questions just let me know
Thanks again for all the great feedback
One thing I would suggest though, consider not having an RSVP card that needs to be mailed back, we realized that too late. It was pricy to buy all the stamps. If we went the email RSVP route it would have not only saved money on stamps but paper/ink/time as well. Oh well, I've realized a lot of things after the fact during the whole wedding planning process. I guess we all make mistakes, I've never done this before!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users