Jump to content

Photo

Second thoughts


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RiuORBride2B

RiuORBride2B
  • Newbie
  • 49 posts

    Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

    I haven'y book my wedding location and am having second thoughts about my first choice. Right now we are planning on getting married at Riu Ocho Rios in Jamaice, but after being on this forum and seeing everyone's amazing photos and reviews from Cabo I am thinking that it looks really amazing. I haven't been to either Mexico nor Jamaica.

    Does anyone have any advice? I have looked at Riu Palace Cabo and was wondering if anyone had ever been there and what their thoughts are about it.
    One of the things that is really bugging me is the photographer at RiuOR is terrible, absolutely not what I am looking for and the resort has a no outside photographer rule unless they are a guest for 3 days (way too expensive).
    I have been looking at all the sites for photographers in Cabo and they are amazing (Sol and Juan especially). Photos are really important to me so this is really worrying me.
    Anyways, maybe just the thought of committing to a location (ie, putting down the cash) is making me nervous. I would hate to pick the wrong site.

    #2 dragonfly

    dragonfly
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,820 posts

      Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RiuORBride2B
      I haven'y book my wedding location and am having second thoughts about my first choice. Right now we are planning on getting married at Riu Ocho Rios in Jamaice, but after being on this forum and seeing everyone's amazing photos and reviews from Cabo I am thinking that it looks really amazing. I haven't been to either Mexico nor Jamaica.

      Does anyone have any advice? I have looked at Riu Palace Cabo and was wondering if anyone had ever been there and what their thoughts are about it.
      One of the things that is really bugging me is the photographer at RiuOR is terrible, absolutely not what I am looking for and the resort has a no outside photographer rule unless they are a guest for 3 days (way too expensive).
      I have been looking at all the sites for photographers in Cabo and they are amazing (Sol and Juan especially). Photos are really important to me so this is really worrying me.
      Anyways, maybe just the thought of committing to a location (ie, putting down the cash) is making me nervous. I would hate to pick the wrong site.

      I am gettiong married in the DR, and I know my wedding will be beatiful and fun but I also, after being on this forum, started wishing for Cabo. I think the photographer is big deal, and you will be hard pressd to get better photographers then Cabo has to offer. I can't find a photographer in the DR and this has been my biggest stresser, I say go with Cabo, I haven't seen one disappointed bride who married there. THe back drop of Cabo is also breathtaking (love the rock formations), in DR I have beautiful beaches, but just sky and water will be behind us. If you have a chance to have Sol, Matt, or Juan then seize it, they will capture your day beautifully!!

      Kelly~

      #3 JaimeLynne

      JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

        Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

        I too am reconsidering our original choice of Riviera Maya for Cabo. I'm in the process of researching it and so far it looks wonderful, but expensive. I'm trying to weigh the factors.

        ~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

        We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

        We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


        #4 Lindseychristine

        Lindseychristine
        • Newbie
        • 8 posts

          Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

          I am getting married at the RIU and i hired an outside photographer and they did not say anything to me about it. You should be able to bring in an outside photographer. I have talked to several people who have gotten married there and they loved it and said everything was great.

          #5 jesswins

          jesswins
          • Newbie
          • 142 posts

            Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

            Although I agree pictures are very important you have to think about the big picture. What made you want to get married in Jamaica in the first place? If you like Cabo get married there but I think you shouldn;t get married somewhere based on a photographer. I am getting married in Cabo, I have been there a few times and feel that a DW would be much more memorable and enjoyable for everyone. Don't rush into a decision, take your time and investigate both places and the right choice will come to you. Sometimes making a list helps because it helps you weigh your pros and cons. Most important is to don't feel rushed in making your choice. What's a few more months compared to feeling confident about making the right choice. Good luck and everyone on this site is very helpful.
            jess

            #6 RiuORBride2B

            RiuORBride2B
            • Newbie
            • 49 posts

              Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lindseychristine
              I am getting married at the RIU and i hired an outside photographer and they did not say anything to me about it. You should be able to bring in an outside photographer. I have talked to several people who have gotten married there and they loved it and said everything was great.
              Are you getting married at Riu Cabo or Ocho Rios? The problem with Ocho Rios is that there are not any local photographers I have seen that I like, so flying one in would be very expensive. In Cabo it seems like there are quite a lot, so not such a big deal.

              #7 RiuORBride2B

              RiuORBride2B
              • Newbie
              • 49 posts

                Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by RiuORBride2B
                Are you getting married at Riu Cabo or Ocho Rios? The problem with Ocho Rios is that there are not any local photographers I have seen that I like, so flying one in would be very expensive. In Cabo it seems like there are quite a lot, so not such a big deal.
                Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will definately look into it more before I book anything. And i'll let you all know what I decide.

                #8 TammyWright

                TammyWright

                  Admin & Owner

                • Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

                Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

                hey ladies...please don't feel discouraged...this was a cabo wedding forum first so us cabo brides do tend to outnumber the rest...

                but i remember when ann (akh) was the first PV bride and Jackie (ryjax19) was the first RM brides and now there are so many PV and RM brides.

                regarding the photog issue...be firm with the resort to see if they will budge. maybe it is their policy to have a 3 night min. rule, but maybe negotiate 2 nights...or see if a photog will do it and include the cost as part of her package...some up and coming photogs are willing to pay for their own travel costs to get started in the DW business.

                Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

                 
                Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                 
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


                #9 RaydensMama

                RaydensMama
                • VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

                  I know when I came on here I kept thinking oooh maybe I should pick Cabo instead. But I noticed that a lot of the girls live closer to Cabo than I did (like in Cali) also I didnt like the fact that the water is very choppy there and that there are not a lot of resorts you can swim in (so Ive heard) so that is why I decided against it.
                  Now I am not evening having a DW though. LOL
                  So I guess Im just saying, dont feel like you have to fallow the croud. You picked Jamaica for a reason, so try to remember what that was, and if you still cant stop thinking about Cabo then change. You havent booked anything yet :)

                  #10 Heidi

                  Heidi
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,642 posts

                    Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

                    Hey RiuORBride2B - have you made any decisions yet??
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users