Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#9171 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
  • Jr. Member
  • 271 posts

    Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

    Originally Posted by MCree 

    Hey ladies!  I am trying to compose a list of tours offered in the area to add to my website for guests.  Also, we were considering scheduling a snorkel excursion with guests.  Does anyone have a list of the tours offered?  Also, is there any specific snorkeling excursion that is not too expensive that anyone would recommend?  Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

    This is what I have on my website (long... I know): 

     

     

    Attractions & Tours

    Customize your vacation to your own interests. Here are some fun options or feel free to explore your own possibilities. You may make reservations with our Travel Agent (see the Travel Arrangements section for her info) , online or upon arrival in Riviera Maya.

    Don't overbook yourself, once you see the sparkling ocean and have a drink in hand, you may want a clear schedule!

    The resort also boasts daily activities and has a spa for ultimate relaxation.

    Visit Xcaret, Xel-H¡ & Xplor

    Visit Xcaret, Xel-H¡ & Xplor

    Discover the Mexican culture with performances of the most representative culture, traditions and natural richness at Xcaret, the eco-archaeological Park.

    Snorkel next to hundreds of tropical fish in Xel-H¡, the world's most beautiful natural aquarium.

    Get a rush of adrenaline while flying over the jungle on the zip-lines in Xplor

    Explore a Cenote

    Explore a Cenote
     

    Cenotes are fresh water pools connecting to submerged caverns and other cenotes. They are the famous "water-filled caves" of Riviera Maya that the Maya consider to be sacred. They have the greatest water clarity, perfect for a relaxing swim or snorkle or a once-in-a-lifetime scuba diving experience.

    There are many different cenotes, each one a unique, self-contained world. Some are small holes in the ground, other ones are huge caverns good enough for snorkeling and scuba; some have fish others are lifeless but breathtaking.

    Dolphin Discovery Cancun

    Dolphin Discovery Cancun

    Dolphin Discovery is located in the privileged paradise of Isla Mujeres.

    In addition to the distinctive swim with dolphins programs, you will have the opportunity to discover unique experiences with sharks, rays, and plenty of other sea life. You can rest on comfortable lounge chairs, taste delicious, traditional Mexican dishes and refreshing, cool beverages—everything that we love about Cancun. After your dolphin interaction, venture on your own and explore the beautiful Isla Mujeres with its quaint and relaxed atmosphere.

    Tulum & Xpu-Ha

    Tulum & Xpu-Ha  

    Visit Tulum, a strategically designed and fortified city situated next to the Caribbean Sea overlooking an outstanding turquoise beach. Continue this tour with a visit to our ecologial park Xpu-Ha where you can enjoy a day of snorkeling or kayaking and have a delicious lunch buffet. The guided tour to the archaeological site lasts 2 hours.

    Chichen Itza

    Chichen Itza  

    Visit Chichen-Itza aka Mayan Ruins , capital of the ancient Mayan imperial. Follow the steps into the past and discover the most important cultural center of the Mayan civilization. The mysterious city of Chichen-Itza was an important ceremonial center and you can still see the magnificent pyramid of Kukulkan (75 feet high), the Temple of the Warriors, the Ball Court, the Observatory and the Sacred Well where countless victims were sacrificed to ancient gods.

    Explore the town of Playa del Carmen

    Explore the town of Playa del Carmen  

    Stroll along 5th Avenue, La Quinta, the popular pastime for vacationers and locals alike. Most of the time the street is pedestrian only, with a casual esplanade feeling. 5th Avenue is the commercial district of the city, in this place you can find almost anything you wish.

    Playa's cutest shops and boutiques offer souvenirs, clothes, Mayan handcrafts, silver and much more. Almost everything that is sold in the stores is open to price negotiation.

    Getting to 5th Avenue is just a 5 minute taxi ride from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.

    Entertainment & Nightlife

    Entertainment & Nightlife

    Nightlife in Mexico is legendary. And in Cancun, the hotel area and city center become filled with music and dancing, announcing endless partying on the beaches and in restaurants, bars, and clubs. The turquoise waters become a mirror for the lights of the nightclubs, which, from the moment the first customer enters until the last one leaves, dedicate themselves to fun.

    Cancun has a great variety of bars, restaurants, discos, and nightclubs guaranteeing fun for visitors who want to party as well as those who prefer a quiet evening. Among the classic places to go dancing are the Cocobongo and the Hard Rock Caf©, aimed at more alternative travelers. Another option is The City, a nightclub that accommodates all tastes.

    A more unusual experience is offered by the night boats, a great way to enjoy a trip in the Caribbean under the moon. There are boats for those wanting to have fun on the waves as well as those looking for a special romantic dinner.

    Whether on sea or land, by night or day, the fun in Cancun never stops.

    Wet'n Wild

    Wet'n Wild

    Surrounded by tropical vegetation, Wet'n Wild is the only water park in Cancun and Riviera Maya covering 18 acres of land and 800 feet of white sand beach. Enjoy a full day of fun with the family experiencing fascinating attractions such as the Lazy River, the Wave Pool, or the thrilling ride Kamikaze. A refreshing experience awaits for fun-lovers of all ages!



    #9172 MCree

    MCree
    • Jr. Member
    • 276 posts

      Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

      This is perfect . . . and so helpful.  Thank you sooo much! 

      Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

      This is what I have on my website (long... I know): 

       

       

      Attractions & Tours

      Customize your vacation to your own interests. Here are some fun options or feel free to explore your own possibilities. You may make reservations with our Travel Agent (see the Travel Arrangements section for her info) , online or upon arrival in Riviera Maya.

      Don't overbook yourself, once you see the sparkling ocean and have a drink in hand, you may want a clear schedule!

      The resort also boasts daily activities and has a spa for ultimate relaxation.

      Visit Xcaret, Xel-H¡ & Xplor

      Visit Xcaret, Xel-H¡ & Xplor

      Discover the Mexican culture with performances of the most representative culture, traditions and natural richness at Xcaret, the eco-archaeological Park.

      Snorkel next to hundreds of tropical fish in Xel-H¡, the world's most beautiful natural aquarium.

      Get a rush of adrenaline while flying over the jungle on the zip-lines in Xplor

      Explore a Cenote

      Explore a Cenote
       

      Cenotes are fresh water pools connecting to submerged caverns and other cenotes. They are the famous "water-filled caves" of Riviera Maya that the Maya consider to be sacred. They have the greatest water clarity, perfect for a relaxing swim or snorkle or a once-in-a-lifetime scuba diving experience.

      There are many different cenotes, each one a unique, self-contained world. Some are small holes in the ground, other ones are huge caverns good enough for snorkeling and scuba; some have fish others are lifeless but breathtaking.

      Dolphin Discovery Cancun

      Dolphin Discovery Cancun

      Dolphin Discovery is located in the privileged paradise of Isla Mujeres.

      In addition to the distinctive swim with dolphins programs, you will have the opportunity to discover unique experiences with sharks, rays, and plenty of other sea life. You can rest on comfortable lounge chairs, taste delicious, traditional Mexican dishes and refreshing, cool beverages—everything that we love about Cancun. After your dolphin interaction, venture on your own and explore the beautiful Isla Mujeres with its quaint and relaxed atmosphere.

      Tulum & Xpu-Ha

      Tulum & Xpu-Ha  

      Visit Tulum, a strategically designed and fortified city situated next to the Caribbean Sea overlooking an outstanding turquoise beach. Continue this tour with a visit to our ecologial park Xpu-Ha where you can enjoy a day of snorkeling or kayaking and have a delicious lunch buffet. The guided tour to the archaeological site lasts 2 hours.

      Chichen Itza

      Chichen Itza  

      Visit Chichen-Itza aka Mayan Ruins , capital of the ancient Mayan imperial. Follow the steps into the past and discover the most important cultural center of the Mayan civilization. The mysterious city of Chichen-Itza was an important ceremonial center and you can still see the magnificent pyramid of Kukulkan (75 feet high), the Temple of the Warriors, the Ball Court, the Observatory and the Sacred Well where countless victims were sacrificed to ancient gods.

      Explore the town of Playa del Carmen

      Explore the town of Playa del Carmen  

      Stroll along 5th Avenue, La Quinta, the popular pastime for vacationers and locals alike. Most of the time the street is pedestrian only, with a casual esplanade feeling. 5th Avenue is the commercial district of the city, in this place you can find almost anything you wish.

      Playa's cutest shops and boutiques offer souvenirs, clothes, Mayan handcrafts, silver and much more. Almost everything that is sold in the stores is open to price negotiation.

      Getting to 5th Avenue is just a 5 minute taxi ride from Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.

      Entertainment & Nightlife

      Entertainment & Nightlife

      Nightlife in Mexico is legendary. And in Cancun, the hotel area and city center become filled with music and dancing, announcing endless partying on the beaches and in restaurants, bars, and clubs. The turquoise waters become a mirror for the lights of the nightclubs, which, from the moment the first customer enters until the last one leaves, dedicate themselves to fun.

      Cancun has a great variety of bars, restaurants, discos, and nightclubs guaranteeing fun for visitors who want to party as well as those who prefer a quiet evening. Among the classic places to go dancing are the Cocobongo and the Hard Rock Caf©, aimed at more alternative travelers. Another option is The City, a nightclub that accommodates all tastes.

      A more unusual experience is offered by the night boats, a great way to enjoy a trip in the Caribbean under the moon. There are boats for those wanting to have fun on the waves as well as those looking for a special romantic dinner.

      Whether on sea or land, by night or day, the fun in Cancun never stops.

      Wet'n Wild

      Wet'n Wild

      Surrounded by tropical vegetation, Wet'n Wild is the only water park in Cancun and Riviera Maya covering 18 acres of land and 800 feet of white sand beach. Enjoy a full day of fun with the family experiencing fascinating attractions such as the Lazy River, the Wave Pool, or the thrilling ride Kamikaze. A refreshing experience awaits for fun-lovers of all ages!



      #9173 Newbride2013

      Newbride2013
      • Newbie
      • 52 posts

        Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

        Joe, let me track it down in my email but I believe I got an even lower price than that...something like $64 a person.

        Have anyone heard of the isla majeres catermeran tour? It sounds like you can book a large group for a very good price!

        #9174 Sarah-Jane

        Sarah-Jane
        • Newbie
        • 91 posts

          Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

          Originally Posted by LindseyM 

          Any other June, July, and August brides just so excited they can't stand it?!  All I do is look at pictures and reviews and wish I was there now!!!

          YES YES YES

           

          Mine isnt until the 24th August but i am SO SO excited!!!!!!



          #9175 LindseyM

          LindseyM
          • Jr. Member
          • 380 posts

            Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

            Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane 

            YES YES YES

             

            Mine isnt until the 24th August but i am SO SO excited!!!!!!

            I just booked our airport shuttles.  There are still so many things I need to do!  But I cannot wait!!!



            #9176 Sarah-Jane

            Sarah-Jane
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

              Originally Posted by LindseyM 

              I just booked our airport shuttles.  There are still so many things I need to do!  But I cannot wait!!!

               

              I know there are so many things to do and these weeks will go so quickly too!!! But i am just so excited i want to go now!!!! 



              #9177 Rach0636

              Rach0636
              • Newbie
              • 119 posts

                Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

                Im really curious, how many nights is everyone staying at the resort total?



                #9178 RollerBride

                RollerBride
                • Jr. Member
                • 204 posts

                  Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

                   We are arriving on 8/1 and leaving on 8/10

                   

                  However, I would like to leave for Mexico right now :/

                  Originally Posted by Rach0636 

                  Im really curious, how many nights is everyone staying at the resort total?


                  Kip & Kate

                  August 4, 2012

                  Dreams Riviera Cancun

                  www.kipandkateswedding.com

                  30 guests


                  #9179 CKNMVS

                  CKNMVS
                  • Newbie
                  • 35 posts

                    Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

                    Here is my review. if you have any questions message me i wil try to check. this forum has been invaluable to me! Best of luck ladies, its going to be great!

                     

                    I want to say overall this a great hotel and I had a really nice time and would recommend coming here and having a wedding here! Still waiting for professional pictures and will post once they arrive.

                     

                    I had my wedding here in May. The hotel is absolutely beautiful; it is actually nicer than in the pictures! Staff is very attentive, and I thought the restaurant- especially French were very good. The Mexican restaurant was a lot of fun but food was just ok (guacamole was very disappointing). The infinity pool is absolutely amazing!! The beach is disappointing, could have been all the rain (it rained for 3 days straight when I was there).

                     

                     Just some notes on hotel before I leave my wedding review for future brides.

                    I thought food was tasty, and didn’t experience any stomach issues, however the majority of our party did have some minor issues lasting a day or two. I attribute this to being at a new place and eating and drinking a lot more than the average person is used to. Most people were able to take some over counter meds and were ok within a day or two. There were 2 people who had more severe issues and were out of commission for longer and the stomach problems continued once they came home and they actually had to get antibiotics... One other guests has been home over  a month and is still sick. The doctors aren’t sure what it is exactly and she now has to go for even more testing. These are people who have been to other all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and never had a problem..

                     

                    Also, DO NOT TAKE MONEY OUT FROM ATM IN LOBBY. I took out some additional American dollars to leave tips for wedding staff (also it doesn’t hurt to tip staff at hotel- they work very hard) and was charged $60 USD for taking out money. There is a sign on ATM that said 60 PESO. Before taking the money out I confirmed with front desk and they said PESO… Then I get home and I see $60USD withdrawn from account. My bank can’t do anything and Dreams is claiming no responsibility for this since they say they don’t own the ATM. I think this is extremely irresponsible of the hotel. It is robbery. How can you charge your guests such an insane fee? I am more upset that I have called and emailed the Dreams no one gets back to me. After bringing 33 people there and spending thousands of dollars to have my wedding, this is the response I get. It is really irresponsible of Dreams to allow this ATM company to rob their guests.

                     

                    I stayed in Preferred Club and found the two women working at concierge to be extremely rude. I don’t think it’s worth the extra money. You have separate check in and a “preferred lounge” that has AC with some extra food and drinks (big deal). The rooms were nice and had a good view but I don’t think its worth the extra money.

                    Tip for brides: When booking your room, book a category below what you want, you will great free upgrade.

                     

                     

                    Now for wedding review:

                     

                    Overall had a great wedding here. Wedding group did a great job. Future brides- the wedding department is very busy so don’t freak out if they don’t answer emails. Really you just need to reserve your date and wedding locations before you come down. Make sure you reserve the DJ and photographer and you are good to go. They also have a person on site to perform wedding ceremony if you are doing symbolic (which means you get married at home legally and have the vows take place in Mexico). Linda the wedding officiant has different ceremonies and vows you can use and customize to fit your needs. She speaks very good English. You don’t need to reserve her she comes with package. I had Ultimate package. Very good deal comes with free hair make-up and massages. If you stay in preferred club for over a week you get honeymoon package which comes with champagne on arrival and more massages and beach dinner- its awesome (all free).

                     

                    In terms of details, you can choose centerpieces, bouquets and even food once you arrive. Gina or anyone of wedding coordinators can email you these things advance. It is advisable to do these things beforehand but rest assured you can change your mind or decide once you arrive as long as you get there a few days before the actual wedding. Just make sure when you meet with Gina/or WC that you are very clear. Gina was very organized and spoke great English. I wanted to have rose petals along the aisle I walked down but somehow there was a miscommunication and I paid for one bag of petals and the petals were on the table for dinner (which looked beautiful) but there were none on the aisle.  I wanted them to be in both spots but I didn’t clearly state that.. My fault. Also if you bring things to the wedding they willset it up for you (organza, chair bows, party favors, menus, etc without charge).  If you want these things back either take them yourself at end of wedding or make sure Gina knows you want them back. I got most of my stuff back but a couple of items that I forget about and wanted were lost bc I didn’t take them. Luckily my  husband grabbed cake topper but other props we had are gone…) They did give us back the sand from sand ceremony which is a nice memento.

                     

                    It basically rained up until the afternoon of my wedding. I was a wreck but luckily things cleared up on time and I was able to have my wedding on beach and cocktail hour outside by Jacuzzi area. Because the weather report said it would rain later in night Gina, the wedding coordinator advised me to have the wedding indoors in the ball room which is plan “B”. I was very upset about this bc I had planned to have it outside by pool deck. I was so happy I listened to her. They made the ballroom look beautiful, it was air conditioned and it did in fact rain. I do think ballroom is better option if you have older guests. The bathrooms by pool deck are  far from the party and require you to walk down the stairs next to Seaside Grill. Hopefully they clean this for wedding party but they were dingy during the day. Also it would be annoying for the bride to use this bathroom if she needed to freshen up. They may have other options but just a forewarning.

                    Also my guests were relieved to be inside bc it is very windy by water and a bit humid.

                     

                    I had the hotel DJ, Rodrigo Barcelo spoke very good English and followed our requests. I provided him with a list of songs to play and he followed it and took requests. He set the night up so that we would do the speeches, garter toss, bouquet toss before the photographers and videographer left. The first half night was a little slow bc he had everyone sitting down to eat, then we did the items mentioned and once that was done the party got started. It was a lot of fun. Rodgrio even put on a funny song and got my husband do a strip tease for me before he took off garter- one of highlights of night. He is a great guy, lot of fun. I definitely recommend him. My only issue was that I wish there was a little more dancing in between courses, rather than having everyone sit, but I am sure this is something you can discuss with him.

                     

                     

                    The staff at Dreams was great and very attentive.  We had a sit down dinner at our reception and worked out well. We had 33 people at the wedding. When we were on the dance floor the staff brought shots, lot of fun!

                     

                    I didn’t use the hotel photographer, I brought in an outside company called La Luna, I had seen them on a blog and followed their work and it looked amazing, I am still waiting for my pics but they were great with us and took very creative shots. I had to pay for a room for them bc the Dreams doesn’t allow outside vendors. I am very excited to see their work but I have read hotel has a good photographer also. I used the hotels videographer and they seemed to be very attentive capturing the night but I still haven’t received the video either.

                     

                    Gina and wedding staff were great.  There were some small setbacks. I was disappointed that during our wedding there was a lot of seaweed on beach. I had spoken to staff and they said it would be removed. It may have been due to all the rain from days before but it was upsetting to see it in all the pictures. Also, if you are getting married outside on beach, either north or south, there is not much privacy just be prepared. North beach is a little bit better bc it is away from Baracuda bar and volley ball courts.  There is a wedding gazebo by pool area- however everyone at pool is watching your wedding, but you omit seaweed issue.

                     

                    Also the spa is beautiful, and they did great job with everyones hair and make up. I didn’t even do a trial and I was so pleased with the outcome!

                     

                    I definitely recommend this hotel and having your wedding here.



                    #9180 kellykellz

                    kellykellz
                    • Newbie
                    • 83 posts

                      Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

                      What a fabulous review!!  Since you had an outside photographer, did the hotel try to charge you an outside vendor fee, along with getting you to book a room for your photographer?  I am also using an outside photographer. They originally told me it would be ok, if he was a guest at the resort, however now they are saying that I need to pay an additional outside vendor fee for him, which I think is absurd, since he is going to be a guest at the resort, and I am paying for his room.   

                      Originally Posted by CKNMVS 

                      Here is my review. if you have any questions message me i wil try to check. this forum has been invaluable to me! Best of luck ladies, its going to be great!

                       

                      I want to say overall this a great hotel and I had a really nice time and would recommend coming here and having a wedding here! Still waiting for professional pictures and will post once they arrive.

                       

                      I had my wedding here in May. The hotel is absolutely beautiful; it is actually nicer than in the pictures! Staff is very attentive, and I thought the restaurant- especially French were very good. The Mexican restaurant was a lot of fun but food was just ok (guacamole was very disappointing). The infinity pool is absolutely amazing!! The beach is disappointing, could have been all the rain (it rained for 3 days straight when I was there).

                       

                       Just some notes on hotel before I leave my wedding review for future brides.

                      I thought food was tasty, and didn’t experience any stomach issues, however the majority of our party did have some minor issues lasting a day or two. I attribute this to being at a new place and eating and drinking a lot more than the average person is used to. Most people were able to take some over counter meds and were ok within a day or two. There were 2 people who had more severe issues and were out of commission for longer and the stomach problems continued once they came home and they actually had to get antibiotics... One other guests has been home over  a month and is still sick. The doctors aren’t sure what it is exactly and she now has to go for even more testing. These are people who have been to other all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and never had a problem..

                       

                      Also, DO NOT TAKE MONEY OUT FROM ATM IN LOBBY. I took out some additional American dollars to leave tips for wedding staff (also it doesn’t hurt to tip staff at hotel- they work very hard) and was charged $60 USD for taking out money. There is a sign on ATM that said 60 PESO. Before taking the money out I confirmed with front desk and they said PESO… Then I get home and I see $60USD withdrawn from account. My bank can’t do anything and Dreams is claiming no responsibility for this since they say they don’t own the ATM. I think this is extremely irresponsible of the hotel. It is robbery. How can you charge your guests such an insane fee? I am more upset that I have called and emailed the Dreams no one gets back to me. After bringing 33 people there and spending thousands of dollars to have my wedding, this is the response I get. It is really irresponsible of Dreams to allow this ATM company to rob their guests.

                       

                      I stayed in Preferred Club and found the two women working at concierge to be extremely rude. I don’t think it’s worth the extra money. You have separate check in and a “preferred lounge” that has AC with some extra food and drinks (big deal). The rooms were nice and had a good view but I don’t think its worth the extra money.

                      Tip for brides: When booking your room, book a category below what you want, you will great free upgrade.

                       

                       

                      Now for wedding review:

                       

                      Overall had a great wedding here. Wedding group did a great job. Future brides- the wedding department is very busy so don’t freak out if they don’t answer emails. Really you just need to reserve your date and wedding locations before you come down. Make sure you reserve the DJ and photographer and you are good to go. They also have a person on site to perform wedding ceremony if you are doing symbolic (which means you get married at home legally and have the vows take place in Mexico). Linda the wedding officiant has different ceremonies and vows you can use and customize to fit your needs. She speaks very good English. You don’t need to reserve her she comes with package. I had Ultimate package. Very good deal comes with free hair make-up and massages. If you stay in preferred club for over a week you get honeymoon package which comes with champagne on arrival and more massages and beach dinner- its awesome (all free).

                       

                      In terms of details, you can choose centerpieces, bouquets and even food once you arrive. Gina or anyone of wedding coordinators can email you these things advance. It is advisable to do these things beforehand but rest assured you can change your mind or decide once you arrive as long as you get there a few days before the actual wedding. Just make sure when you meet with Gina/or WC that you are very clear. Gina was very organized and spoke great English. I wanted to have rose petals along the aisle I walked down but somehow there was a miscommunication and I paid for one bag of petals and the petals were on the table for dinner (which looked beautiful) but there were none on the aisle.  I wanted them to be in both spots but I didn’t clearly state that.. My fault. Also if you bring things to the wedding they willset it up for you (organza, chair bows, party favors, menus, etc without charge).  If you want these things back either take them yourself at end of wedding or make sure Gina knows you want them back. I got most of my stuff back but a couple of items that I forget about and wanted were lost bc I didn’t take them. Luckily my  husband grabbed cake topper but other props we had are gone…) They did give us back the sand from sand ceremony which is a nice memento.

                       

                      It basically rained up until the afternoon of my wedding. I was a wreck but luckily things cleared up on time and I was able to have my wedding on beach and cocktail hour outside by Jacuzzi area. Because the weather report said it would rain later in night Gina, the wedding coordinator advised me to have the wedding indoors in the ball room which is plan “B”. I was very upset about this bc I had planned to have it outside by pool deck. I was so happy I listened to her. They made the ballroom look beautiful, it was air conditioned and it did in fact rain. I do think ballroom is better option if you have older guests. The bathrooms by pool deck are  far from the party and require you to walk down the stairs next to Seaside Grill. Hopefully they clean this for wedding party but they were dingy during the day. Also it would be annoying for the bride to use this bathroom if she needed to freshen up. They may have other options but just a forewarning.

                      Also my guests were relieved to be inside bc it is very windy by water and a bit humid.

                       

                      I had the hotel DJ, Rodrigo Barcelo spoke very good English and followed our requests. I provided him with a list of songs to play and he followed it and took requests. He set the night up so that we would do the speeches, garter toss, bouquet toss before the photographers and videographer left. The first half night was a little slow bc he had everyone sitting down to eat, then we did the items mentioned and once that was done the party got started. It was a lot of fun. Rodgrio even put on a funny song and got my husband do a strip tease for me before he took off garter- one of highlights of night. He is a great guy, lot of fun. I definitely recommend him. My only issue was that I wish there was a little more dancing in between courses, rather than having everyone sit, but I am sure this is something you can discuss with him.

                       

                       

                      The staff at Dreams was great and very attentive.  We had a sit down dinner at our reception and worked out well. We had 33 people at the wedding. When we were on the dance floor the staff brought shots, lot of fun!

                       

                      I didn’t use the hotel photographer, I brought in an outside company called La Luna, I had seen them on a blog and followed their work and it looked amazing, I am still waiting for my pics but they were great with us and took very creative shots. I had to pay for a room for them bc the Dreams doesn’t allow outside vendors. I am very excited to see their work but I have read hotel has a good photographer also. I used the hotels videographer and they seemed to be very attentive capturing the night but I still haven’t received the video either.

                       

                      Gina and wedding staff were great.  There were some small setbacks. I was disappointed that during our wedding there was a lot of seaweed on beach. I had spoken to staff and they said it would be removed. It may have been due to all the rain from days before but it was upsetting to see it in all the pictures. Also, if you are getting married outside on beach, either north or south, there is not much privacy just be prepared. North beach is a little bit better bc it is away from Baracuda bar and volley ball courts.  There is a wedding gazebo by pool area- however everyone at pool is watching your wedding, but you omit seaweed issue.

                       

                      Also the spa is beautiful, and they did great job with everyones hair and make up. I didn’t even do a trial and I was so pleased with the outcome!

                       

                      I definitely recommend this hotel and having your wedding here.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users