Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

 

Just wanted to let everyone know about something I found out this week!

 

If you are using the DJ for your reception, you can actually request him to be your "technician" for your ceremony as well. It's the same price as renting the sound system ($180) but he will be the technician that comes with it. Which means you can let him know what music you want and not have to worry about bringing a CD or iPod for the ceremony! He told me that he has me down for the ceremony and all I need to do is let the resort know he's going to be the technician so they don't have someone else available for it.

 

I was really excited about this because he's been great to work with and I trust that he knows what he's doing when it comes to the ceremony music!

 

 

This is good to know, Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!! I just thought id give my insight which is that 4pm is a little early... i think the pool closes around 6-630 and at 4pm if you do it at the gazeebo there will definetly be people watching it take place and might be in the backround of your pictures. i was there last june and i watched this take place & actually felt a little bad for the bride ( but it depends on how much privacy you want ). if you want more privacy I would do the ceremony on the  beach because it tends to be a little less crowded. you have to figure tho by the time the ceremony and cocktail hour ends.. there wont be a lot of people left in the pool.

 

as far as the reception goes I would also start that around 6-630 as people then start to leave the pool.... if it starts anytime before that there will def. be people floating around in the backround.

 

im doing my cocktail hour on the beach also because its a little more private but i think they also use  the outside of desires which is pretty private and the jacuzzi area.

 

 

Originally Posted by kkutnyak View Post

Hello!

I am so excited, I confirmed my date today! Dreams Riviera here I come!! April 24, 2013. WooHoo!! woot.gif

 

Anyone know what time the pool closes? My Ceremony (gondola) is at 4pm, just trying to get an idea of how crowded it is. Also wondering because my reception will be on the pool deck, but I don't want a bunch of people swimming around behind us while we are eating (lol). I saw a picture of someone's reception while they were eating and there was this large man haning over the pool staring at the wedding party with a drink in his hand! Awkward...

 

Also, anyone have feedback on the best location for the cocktail hour? I would prefer it to be somewhat private as well.

 

I am so thankful to have found this BDW.com, you are all so helpful!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

 

So ladies leaving soon!  I just saw on the Dreams facebook page that there is an app for iphone and android called Dreams Digital Network!  You can call and text your guests if they have the app, using wi-fi.  That way you don't run up your cell phone bill.  Pretty neat

 

 

I am right behind you!! Im getting nervous I have not talk to Lorena and I feel like I'm forgetting to do stuff?

Do you have any kind of check list agenda that you are using to stay organize you could share with me?

I thought there was a sheet the resort had you fill about regarding all the decisions but I could not find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have an email address for the hotel's DJ? I would like to get in contact with him! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know about something I found out this week!

 

If you are using the DJ for your reception, you can actually request him to be your "technician" for your ceremony as well. It's the same price as renting the sound system ($180) but he will be the technician that comes with it. Which means you can let him know what music you want and not have to worry about bringing a CD or iPod for the ceremony! He told me that he has me down for the ceremony and all I need to do is let the resort know he's going to be the technician so they don't have someone else available for it.

 

I was really excited about this because he's been great to work with and I trust that he knows what he's doing when it comes to the ceremony music!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the feedback. I was actually afraid of that... too many people lurking around in the pool area at 4pm. I had the option of pushing it back to 5pm, do you think it would clear out more around that time?

 

I wish I could have done a site visit. Thankfully I have you all to lean on msnwink.gif

 

I actually really liked the beach too, but I was concerned about the noise of the ocean etc. Do you think with the way it is set up they will be able to hear us? Do they allow a sound system to amplify our voices and for music etc.? Also, I will have around 34-40 people; in your opinion, do you think the beach area would make them feel squished?

 

Thank you!

 

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Congratulations!!! I just thought id give my insight which is that 4pm is a little early... i think the pool closes around 6-630 and at 4pm if you do it at the gazeebo there will definetly be people watching it take place and might be in the backround of your pictures. i was there last june and i watched this take place & actually felt a little bad for the bride ( but it depends on how much privacy you want ). if you want more privacy I would do the ceremony on the  beach because it tends to be a little less crowded. you have to figure tho by the time the ceremony and cocktail hour ends.. there wont be a lot of people left in the pool.

 

as far as the reception goes I would also start that around 6-630 as people then start to leave the pool.... if it starts anytime before that there will def. be people floating around in the backround.

 

im doing my cocktail hour on the beach also because its a little more private but i think they also use  the outside of desires which is pretty private and the jacuzzi area.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting ready to print our invites and I need some advise for the RSVP date.  Our wedding is on April 6th, but our guests need to make their initial hotel deposit by December 14th.  We did send out save the dates about a year before our wedding.  What do you think would be a good RSVP deadline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by tiffany0613 View Post

 

I'm getting ready to print our invites and I need some advise for the RSVP date.  Our wedding is on April 6th, but our guests need to make their initial hotel deposit by December 14th.  We did send out save the dates about a year before our wedding.  What do you think would be a good RSVP deadline?

I think it's really up to you and what you know about your guests.  I made mine 2.5 months before (June 15th for a September 2nd wedding) and still have people booking.  The nice thing is that I have an idea of the max amount of people that are coming so I can order items like chair bows and programs for the ceremony.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AliciaLynne View Post

 

 

That's good to know. Who are you using for DJ?

I'm using the resort DJ. Here's his info: 

Cesar Mauricio Neri Salazar <visualsound2010@hotmail.com>

 

I'm pretty sure he's the only DJ that is allowed at the resort without being charged an extra fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kkutnyak View Post

 

Hello!

I am so excited, I confirmed my date today! Dreams Riviera here I come!! April 24, 2013. WooHoo!! woot.gif

 

Anyone know what time the pool closes? My Ceremony (gondola) is at 4pm, just trying to get an idea of how crowded it is. Also wondering because my reception will be on the pool deck, but I don't want a bunch of people swimming around behind us while we are eating (lol). I saw a picture of someone's reception while they were eating and there was this large man haning over the pool staring at the wedding party with a drink in his hand! Awkward...

 

Also, anyone have feedback on the best location for the cocktail hour? I would prefer it to be somewhat private as well.

 

I am so thankful to have found this BDW.com, you are all so helpful!!

 

Just a suggestion - You'll need to look at daylight savings and sunset times in April. My wedding is in December so it gets dark a lot earlier than in June and July. My ceremony is at 3:30 but it's because if we do it any later it'll be too dark for pictures after the ceremony. The photographer was the one one who suggested that time because of the quality of pictures she can get. I'm not sure about sunset times in April, but I would definitely check in to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

Do you have an email address for the hotel's DJ? I would like to get in contact with him! Thanks :)

Here you go! 

Cesar Mauricio Neri Salazar <visualsound2010@hotmail.com>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×