Bridesmaid dresses in warm climate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Korky328

Korky328
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hey,
    I searched and didn't find anything addressing the issue of bridesmaid dressses in warm climates. I have just started looking at bridesmaid dresses with my girls, amd I am wondering if long dresses are approperate for a beach wedding in Puerto Rico in mid June. Having said this, I will be wearing a long dress. I think that I am leaning twards some sort of sundress for them but Im not sure. Do any of you have any sugestions?

Courtney

#2 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
    • Banned
    • 3,479 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

I would think it would be cooler to be in a shorter dress but that is just how I feel. I am putting my girls in a dress above the knee.

#3 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
      • 519 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

I agree I'm getting my girls to wear strapless chiffon dresses by Mori Lee and they are like knee length...flowy so they can get a breeze...don't want them to faint..I hope I don't...LOL
        Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

Ive seen quite a few destination weddings where the b maids were wearing long flowy bmaid dresses as well. As long as they weren't stiff and tight, i think they would be very cool! I know I wear long sundresses when i go on vacation

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:52 PM

yeah what about a long cotton dress? I know isadoraclothing on etsy has some cute ones in a bunch of colors

#6 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by flipflop.tee
              I agree I'm getting my girls to wear strapless chiffon dresses by Mori Lee and they are like knee length...flowy so they can get a breeze...don't want them to faint..I hope I don't...LOL
              Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores
              I really love this dress, it's funny. My ceremony dress is a Mori Lee. I couldn't love it anymore then I already do (but because it's heavy, i decided to buy off the rack dress which is a bit lighter for the evening to dance in) By chance do you know the price of this dress?
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

#7 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jess
                yeah what about a long cotton dress? I know isadoraclothing on etsy has some cute ones in a bunch of colors
                Agreed, I think you can go with a long dress for bridesmaids as long as they are made of material that breathes!

#8 kgeecee

kgeecee
                • 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

chack out j crew they have some super cute things. lightweight too
                  .....keila

#9 Jefiner

Jefiner
                  • 119 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

I say check out JCREW also... i have ready SOO many great reviews with dresses from their, they are all perfect. I am going to be checking this out for my girls.

#10 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
                    • 519 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

When I checked them out in Waterdown they were $198....so not bad for my girls they are happy with that. I've seen them online for as low as $129 and as high as $239 so the price we are getting them for is middle of the road so thats great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users