Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jo 2010

October 2010 Brides?

Recommended Posts

Hello EVERYONE!!! Thought I'd say hi! I'm also a fellow October Bride. 10-10-10 to be exact. We are getting married in Playa del Carmen. We are having our ceremony at an old Catholic Church and then the reception is at Wicky's Beach Club! I am So EXCITED!! I can't believe it is less than 3 months away--It's going to fly by so fast!!! Are most of you girls done with the planning I still have so much more to do!!! COngratulations to everyone and happy planning for the last stretch!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjd View Post
Welcome to the October group. Good luck finding a dress..


Bride Loving CJ, get busy finding a dress, not too late but you need to find one soon!!
Yes indeed Wendy! I was looking online the other day and I didn't realize that most solans make you order them 4-6 months in advance. Guess I'll be going to Davids Bridal and pulling one off the shelf.

I was trying to wait for a time when I could do it with my mom who is in OKlahoma but that is becoming dismal so maybe I can take my laptop and skype her while I'm doing it so she can help me choose. But that is really something I wanted to share with her in person.

{tear}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by YrishCathe View Post
Hello EVERYONE!!! Thought I'd say hi! I'm also a fellow October Bride. 10-10-10 to be exact. We are getting married in Playa del Carmen. We are having our ceremony at an old Catholic Church and then the reception is at Wicky's Beach Club! I am So EXCITED!! I can't believe it is less than 3 months away--It's going to fly by so fast!!! Are most of you girls done with the planning I still have so much more to do!!! COngratulations to everyone and happy planning for the last stretch!!!
Hello fellow 10-10-10 bride!! Your wedding sounds super exciting, congrats!!

I am no where near done with planning but I only have a few major things on the list. Passports got done this past week so all that's left is my dress and purchasing the bands. Everything else is minor. Best Wishes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to the new october brides!!

 

So we finally bought the groomsmen's pants so their outfits are now complete. I received my pashminas in the mail today so those are done. A couple bummers though. 1. I ordered my totes and was so excited about them but then they called and said the colour I ordered was discontinued. Now I have to start all over again and find new ones. I'm so bummed. 2. I haven't heard back from the DJ even though I sent him an email like 3 days ago to confirm him. I know he is on Cabo time but until its confirmed, I'm stressing.

 

CJ - go get a dress! I would hate for you to wait to the last minute and end up getting one you don't absolutely love. Oh and post pics when you get it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy* View Post

CJ - go get a dress! I would hate for you to wait to the last minute and end up getting one you don't absolutely love. Oh and post pics when you get it!!
Hey ladies! So I talked to my dad today about the dress. He's going to fly me to dallas and drive my mom down to meet me and we can go shopping for my dress. This will take place at some point in the next 3 weeks.

Also, the invitations are being ordered on Friday so they should be back next week.

So now all that's left is waiting for the passports to come back and shopping for the bands which will take place this Saturday! Whoot, whoot!! Moving along here!!
thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by YrishCathe View Post
Hello EVERYONE!!! Thought I'd say hi! I'm also a fellow October Bride. 10-10-10 to be exact. We are getting married in Playa del Carmen. We are having our ceremony at an old Catholic Church and then the reception is at Wicky's Beach Club! I am So EXCITED!! I can't believe it is less than 3 months away--It's going to fly by so fast!!! Are most of you girls done with the planning I still have so much more to do!!! COngratulations to everyone and happy planning for the last stretch!!!
Welcome 10-10-10 bride! I am also getting married on 10-10-10 at Azul Sensatori Resort in Riviera Maya. Less than 3 months away makes me nervous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy* View Post
Hello to the new october brides!!

So we finally bought the groomsmen's pants so their outfits are now complete. I received my pashminas in the mail today so those are done. A couple bummers though. 1. I ordered my totes and was so excited about them but then they called and said the colour I ordered was discontinued. Now I have to start all over again and find new ones. I'm so bummed. 2. I haven't heard back from the DJ even though I sent him an email like 3 days ago to confirm him. I know he is on Cabo time but until its confirmed, I'm stressing.

CJ - go get a dress! I would hate for you to wait to the last minute and end up getting one you don't absolutely love. Oh and post pics when you get it!!
Oh I am sorry to hear about all the last minute issues. I am sure everything will work out! Deep breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ View Post
Hey ladies! So I talked to my dad today about the dress. He's going to fly me to dallas and drive my mom down to meet me and we can go shopping for my dress. This will take place at some point in the next 3 weeks.

Also, the invitations are being ordered on Friday so they should be back next week.

So now all that's left is waiting for the passports to come back and shopping for the bands which will take place this Saturday! Whoot, whoot!! Moving along here!!
thewave.gif
Horay! I am so happy to hear that your mom will be part of the dress shopping experience. You need that moral support when you are picking the dress!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Horay! I am so happy to hear that your mom will be part of the dress shopping experience. You need that moral support when you are picking the dress!!!
Thanks girl! I am so super excited!! We also went on Shane Co. website last night and picked out some favorite bands so we can walk in the store and have a starting point. So let's pray tomorrow goes smoothly!! fencing.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ View Post
Thanks girl! I am so super excited!! We also went on Shane Co. website last night and picked out some favorite bands so we can walk in the store and have a starting point. So let's pray tomorrow goes smoothly!! fencing.gif
Don't know what type of band you are looking for but I found an amazing deal on an eternity band at Mr Jewel which is an ebay seller/store. Hes located in NYC and he makes the bands to order, the ring cost me less than half of what it sold for in stores.
If you are looking for unique rings, I ordered our 2nd set (I don't feel comfortable wearing a big diamond ring to work every day), sterling silver bands with OUR fingerprints as the texture for the rings on etsy. We are waiting on the fingerprint kit... just ordered them this week. I can't attest to the quality of the rings but they look great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjd View Post
Don't know what type of band you are looking for but I found an amazing deal on an eternity band at Mr Jewel which is an ebay seller/store. Hes located in NYC and he makes the bands to order, the ring cost me less than half of what it sold for in stores.
If you are looking for unique rings, I ordered our 2nd set (I don't feel comfortable wearing a big diamond ring to work every day), sterling silver bands with OUR fingerprints as the texture for the rings on etsy. We are waiting on the fingerprint kit... just ordered them this week. I can't attest to the quality of the rings but they look great.
Oh wow. that's sounds awesome. Fingerprint texture is a great idea. How unique! I guess I never thought about getting my bands on ebay. I would love to see if when you get it all done!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chong, the prices on ebay were great, close to half of retail... of course make sure to use a reputable seller. here is a pic of my "real" ring... the one I'm using for the ceremony, not the one I plan to wear to work/around the house... I ordered the fingerprint ring from etsy.com, a great website I found out about thru bdw.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×