Sign in to follow this  
Jamaica0619

Wedding Dress Quilt

I did a search to see if anyone had ever done this before...but I could only find dicussions of it as an option.

I was curious if anyone has ever had thier dress made into a quilt. I don't want to sell my dress, but I really don't want to store it in my closet forever. I thought this might be a nice alternative. I was also thinking it might be nice to incorporate my veil, a bridesmaid dress (my cousin will never wear her's again), and possibly my DH shirt. And, make it more of a wedding quilt.

I found two sites that look the most promising, particularly the first one...

Custom Wedding Dress Quilts, Wedding Dress Quilt

wedding dress quilt/bear - Personalized Gift Sets, Baby Clothes Quilts, Wedding Dress Quilts handmade with love : The Patchwork Bear

But, I was curious if anyong had first hand experience having this done. Or if anyone knows someone who quilts that might want to take a project like this on.

One of my very close friends does quilting all the time. I can ask her if she's ever done anything like this or knows of anyone who has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
One of my very close friends does quilting all the time. I can ask her if she's ever done anything like this or knows of anyone who has.
Thank you!!! I appreciate your asking...

smile03.gif