Photo

Wedding Dress Quilt

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

I did a search to see if anyone had ever done this before...but I could only find dicussions of it as an option.

I was curious if anyone has ever had thier dress made into a quilt. I don't want to sell my dress, but I really don't want to store it in my closet forever. I thought this might be a nice alternative. I was also thinking it might be nice to incorporate my veil, a bridesmaid dress (my cousin will never wear her's again), and possibly my DH shirt. And, make it more of a wedding quilt.

I found two sites that look the most promising, particularly the first one...

Custom Wedding Dress Quilts, Wedding Dress Quilt

wedding dress quilt/bear - Personalized Gift Sets, Baby Clothes Quilts, Wedding Dress Quilts handmade with love : The Patchwork Bear

But, I was curious if anyong had first hand experience having this done. Or if anyone knows someone who quilts that might want to take a project like this on.
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#2 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
    • 719 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Wow those are great ideas! Keep us updated on what you choose to do, can't wait to see pics of the finish product!

#3 nikicrosby

nikicrosby
      • 230 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

wow...that seems like a great idea. i haven't heard of anyone doing it. But if you do keep us updated!

#4 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

I think thats an amazing idea. I haven't heard anyone doing this YET I will so consider this. Let us know if you end up doing it, how it goes! Good luck!
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

#5 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

One of my very close friends does quilting all the time. I can ask her if she's ever done anything like this or knows of anyone who has.

#6 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

Interesting idea!!!! I wonder if taffata would be comfy? lol
              *~*JENN*~*

#7 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
              • 165 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

I've never heard of this idea before, but I think it's GREAT! Might have to copy you and do the same :)

#8 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                • 475 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jerseykitten
                  One of my very close friends does quilting all the time. I can ask her if she's ever done anything like this or knows of anyone who has.
                  Thank you!!! I appreciate your asking...

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#9 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

What a great idea, keep us posted I would like to do something with mine as well.
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 sweetiekris

sweetiekris
                    • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

You can make it a quilt which is awesome or even make a christening outfit for when and if you have children. Just a thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users