Photo

Gift giving question...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

A co-worker asked me this morning about gift-giving, and I don't really know the answer! I told her I'd ask the experts... so experts - here we go!

She is attending a wedding at the end of this month. It is a small, intimate beach wedding in Connecticut, with family only, with the exception of my co-worker and her husband. There will be a big reception in August with hundreds of people. So, the question is - when should she bring her gift? To the actual wedding ceremony; or wait until the reception in August
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#2 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:12 AM

i would bring it to the ceremony she must be special to the people getting married so if i was her i would bring it there....either one would be fine i think but i think she seems special to the mr.andmrs.......
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

Can she do both? IE, say she has a limit of 100.00 to spend, maybe break it up in two gifts versus one big one.

#4 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

I would just ship the gift to their house (anytime) - it's so much easier than worrying about if the bride and groom or someone in their family picked it up and got it to them after the party, you know?

#5 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

do you know that you have a year to give a bride and groom a present?
            My FMIL told me that....

#6 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

I agree...I would just have it shipped directly to them. Personally, I'd try to have it there around the time of their first ceremony just so it doesn't seem like an after thought.

But if she prefers to take it in person, then definitely the smaller event. . .if only for the fact that at the larger event there will likely be a LOT more gifts that need to be transported so why add to that if you can give it to her earlier? You know?

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

I agree that I would bring it to the ceremony. then if everyone brings gifts she wont feel bad like she forgot and if no one does atleast the couple will feel grateful for it.

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

ship it to their house...I am really hoping a lot of people do this for me!!!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

i heard that it's actually considered rude these days to bring the gift to the wedding - then the bride and groom have to worry about dealing with all of the gifts, and who wants to do that on their wedding day! (i realize you appoint people, but still ... ). i never bring the gift - i always have it shipped, it so much easier for everyone!

#10 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

I say ship it too if possible and I would bring it to the ceremony if it's not possible to ship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users