Puerto Vallarta, but family not for it

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Puerto Vallarta has a lot of beautiful places to get married! Try to remember that this is your wedding. If you and your FI have your hearts set on a PV wedding then that is what you should do!

My mom too was a bit hesitant on the DW wedding idea and was not too happy about it but now that our wedding is over she is asking when we can go back to do it all again because everyone had some much FUN! having a DW is truly a once in a lifetime expericence!

Good luck!

#12 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Congrats and welcome :-)

#13 Weddingin2010

• 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

I agree with the others...once plans are firmly in place I'm sure she will hop on board. Everyone will have their own opinions and preferences but at the end of the day it comes down to what you and your FI like the best. Good luck...keep us posted!

#14 SSNM

• 675 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

Hi and welcome.
          Everyone said it beautifully so I must just concur. You'll find a lot of support and good resources here. Happy planning!

#15 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Welcome! I had a similar experience...my family thought I was crazy for wanting to get married in Mexico....it took a couple months but they did finally come around, and are now VERY excited about it. Good luck - I think most of us on the forum had issues with family at the beginning

#16 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

#17 Dedicated2Us

• 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

give her the guilt trip! lol...you only get married once (hopefully) and its UR big day....it should be the wedding YOU AND YOUR fiance' want. Mom should be a lil more understanding. How about you buy her a plane ticket? What is the problem?

#18 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

My parents were the same way. They were so against going to Jamaica. I've finally convinced them that it will be a mini vacation. What's funny is that they would off of work around that time anyway!
                  "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#19 Pacific

• 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

Actually we picked the Riviera Maya because most of our guests were coming from the east, and we found a resort we really like.
                    Ultimately, this wedding is for you, so you have to do what makes you (as a couple) happy! I hope your mom comes around quickly, PV is beautiful!

#20 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Congrats! I completely understand what you're going through. We've always known we've wanted a DW and my FI family is all in. However, mine on the other hand are a bit harder to crack. In fact we're still working on it. My sister and BIL and parents are all trying to convince us to have the wedding at home or somewhere on the east coast if we want it on the beach. You just have to remind them that this is your wedding and why you want to do this and that you really hope they will be there to support you and celebrate your dream with you!
                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users