Photo

Puerto Vallarta, but family not for it

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 christykelly03

christykelly03
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hello all! Im new and looking at Puerto Vallarta. however, I'm already getting that disappointment from my mother on the location choice. (She thinks it's far from her on the east coast).

I looked at places on the east coast of Mexico, but didn't find as many fabulous places as I find in Puerto Vallarta. I dont want my mother to be miserable through this process, but dont know what to do.

If anyone had similar situations with their family, I would appreciate some advice!

#2 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
    • 127 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

My family had a similar response when they found out we wanted a DW. We just laid out our reasons for why it was important for us to do it this way, and said we understood if they didn't feel the same way. Then we let it chill awhile to see if they would come around. Things are better now :) Good luck!

#3 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I agree with whitechocolate...it took my parents a while warm up to the DW idea, but once they were actually there they had a blast!

#4 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#5 sarah310

sarah310
          • 172 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

Welcome! Puerto Vallarta is great, but there are also a lot of nice places in the Riviera Maya area that is a little closer to the East Coast. Check out the different forums in the Mexico section to see if you find any resorts you like.

#6 moepeedy

moepeedy
            • 491 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

Welcome and congrats!!!

Hopefully they will warm up to the idea as time passes. My mom gave me a hard time too! told her this is what I wanted and I stood firm with my decision. She eventually gave in and to my surprise when we returned she said that was the most beautiful and unique wedding I put together.
              Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

#7 Chica & Octi

Chica & Octi
              • 39 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Congrats and welcome!!

I was lucky, my parents were very supportive of the idea but not everyone was. But its your wedding day you should be able to do it your way!

Good luck with your planning!!

#8 clairisse

clairisse
                • 492 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Congratulations & welcome to the forum!

#9 ali0284

ali0284
                  • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Congrats and welcome! I agree with everyone...just stand firm in your decision. Eventually they will come around; this is your day, and you need to do what you want.
                    ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Congratulations and Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users