• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by frazali
    we both wore our wedding attire again - it was perfect. Just remember that if you wear it again you have to have enough time in between your wedding and AHR to have it professionally cleaned before the AHR.
    So how much time was that? Ours is 3 weeks after we get back and I already had one place tell me that wasn't enough time??

#42 frazali

frazali
    • 245 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

Tricia -I was able to find a dry cleaner near me that cleaned my dress on-site within 1 week. Try to find a dry cleaner who does it on-site - that will reduce the time that they need to clean and return it to you (and also minimize your potential fear of it getting lost!).

#43 BethBride1

BethBride1
      • 106 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:05 AM

This is a great question! I had been wondering what I would do as well... I wasn't sure if I would feel funny wearing my dress again....but then I got my dress and I'm so excited that I get to wear it twice!!!

#44 ~Katie~

~Katie~
      • 1,225 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

I am wearing my dress again (how many brides get to do that??!!) but my dress is appropriate for both as I'm not getting a typical beach wedding dress.

If maybe you don't think you could wear yours to your reception, get on Little Coral: Professional of Wedding Dresses, Bridal Growns, Bridesmaid Dress, Flower Girl Dress, Ice Skating Dress, Mascot Costume, and Spiderman Suit. Cheap. Wholesale discount and Custom Made Order World Wide. Free Shipping as they have loads of cheap wedding dresses on there and you wouldn't even notice it on your budget!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

#45 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
        • 330 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:02 AM

omg am i the only one who doesnt want to wear my dress at the ahr??!! what is wrong with me?! hahah just kidding! I don't want a formal AHR and I too would like to wear a fun flirty dress as I want my AHR to be more like a party. We will have pictures and video so they'll see it then.
          :-)

#46 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
          • 376 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

I probably won't wear mine at our AHR if it makes you feel any better, cogswellgray!
            We're going super casual for our AHR.

#47 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
            • 631 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

As many other people on here have said, I do want to wear mine again. After all the formal stuff (cake cutting, pics w family, garter/bouquet toss, first dance, etc) is overwith, I do want a cute white sundress to change into. I think this year around Easter I'll buy one since it will be in season.

For the reception, I love the idea of a projector screen playing the wedding. Then we can walk in right as it ends and it will be as if we were just married. We'll be home 2 weeks before our reception. If it's not enough time to get my dress dry-cleaned... I used an at home dry cleaning gentle washing machine thing for prom dresses in high school and they came out fine. I guess worst comes to worst, I'll do that on my wedding dress.
              Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
              At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
              25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#48 nicburn

nicburn
              • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

I am wearing my wedding gown for dinner and first dance then changing to a short dress. Another thought is that if some family will not be able to make the destination wedding, you may want a nice group picture at the AHR with you in your gown!

#49 hoyt75

hoyt75
                • 371 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cogswellgray
                  omg am i the only one who doesnt want to wear my dress at the ahr??!! what is wrong with me?! hahah just kidding! I don't want a formal AHR and I too would like to wear a fun flirty dress as I want my AHR to be more like a party. We will have pictures and video so they'll see it then.
                  :-)
                  You're not the only one who doesn't want to wear their dress! I'm not wearing mine, but we're having our ahr at our favorite local brewery, so it just wouldn't go well at all. I'll probably wear nice jeans, and my boots (but I promise to take off my spurs!)... we're having one of our fav singers coming to our ahr to do an accustic session, so there will be a lot of dancing and partying! It just doesn't make sense to wear the dress.

#50 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
                  • 155 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

We are having an appetizer and cocktail party for our AHR (no seated dinner served, formal entrance, speeches, first dance, ect) - more of a time for people who were unable (or not invited!) to Mexico to celebrate our new union. That being said, I'm so excited to wear my dress again!! However, I would say that it is totally appropriate to wear a totally different dress to your AHR if you would like - it is still your wedding celebration after all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users