Dominican Republic Wedding Favour Ideas

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PuntaCana2010

PuntaCana2010
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

Hello DR Brides,

I am getting married in the DR in April 2010 and having a difficult time thinking of wedding favours that fit within my budget. I want to get the gifts before I leave for the DR because I don't want to spend my time in the DR looking for small gifts for my wedding guests.

I was thinking of a personalized CD with DR music and mirachas however I recently found out that Mirachas are not popular in the DR as they are popular/common in Mexico. HELP!

What are your ideas?

#2 azulskies

azulskies
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

How much are you thinking about spending? I thought these were cute, going with the travel theme:
      Mini-Suitcase Tins
      Mini Rolling Suitcase Favors

We were going to go with those, but are probably just going to have fans as our favors. I have pictures of those in my planning site in my siggy.

#3 joyanna09

joyanna09
      • 30 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

We did airplane luggage tags which served also as our seating arrangement. We put each guests name in the tag, and I made little tags to put on them and then the resort put it on their plate so they knew where to sit. I ordered them off a wedding website, not sure which one now. Depending on your size of group its not that expensive.

Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Glamourina

Glamourina
        • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:00 AM

I'm using wine stoppers shaped like a starfish. They're not too expensive and don't take up a lot of space in my suitcase (then again I only ordered 25) and they fit my theme :)

http://www.incasagif....category=23790

#5 flbluiiis

flbluiiis
          • 184 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

Rum is a big part of the DR. Maybe you could print your monogram (if you have one) and stick them on some mini bottles of rum. Or if you have a lot of kids, sugar is also a big product in the DR...could find something made from DR sugar.

#6 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

You shold try looking in the flea markets and barter with the sellers. They will sometimes be willing to lower their price when you are buying multiples.

#7 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
              • 199 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

anther suggestion....keytags made from part of a coconut shell can be carved with your location, names and date......

#8 beach2010

beach2010
                • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

What about Dominican cigars?

#9 PuntaCana2010

PuntaCana2010
                  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Thank you, everyone! These are great ideas! (Who ever said that planning a destination wedding would be easier than planning one at home was crazy!).

The luggage tags and wine stoppers are great and I also like the idea of the bottle of rum.
                    Les and Lynda - are there many items that can found (and less expensive) at the local markets?
                    Thanks,

#10 jrod07

jrod07
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

I am also going with the starfish wine stopper.  It goes nicely with the tropical/beach wedding theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users