Photo

Does he put the toilet seat back down?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

So leave it to me to fall in the toilet this morning ...probably because (a) I was still half asleep, but more so because (B) DH never puts the toilet seat back down after he pees I try to remind him over and over but reminders don't work.

I'm curious to know if any of you have DH's or FI's that actually put the seat back down? If so, is there anything special I need to do to get him to do it? LOL

#2 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
    • 582 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

I was lucky.....mine has put the seat down since day 1. No training required!

#3 Blkatz

Blkatz
      • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

that is really funny. My dad NEVER put the seat down and there were many times that I fell into the toilet!! Husband put it down but his brothers-not so much!

#4 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
        • 475 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jennifer Davis
          I was lucky.....mine has put the seat down since day 1. No training required!
          My DH is the same. Also, we both make it a habit to put the lid down when we flush after seeing something on (I think) the TV about how far water particles fly when the toliet is flushed.
          Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#5 Debbi803

Debbi803
          • 108 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 24, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Herrington Harbor Marina, MD

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
          My DH is the same. Also, we both make it a habit to put the lid down when we flush after seeing something on (I think) the TV about how far water particles fly when the toliet is flushed.
          Mine, too, since before day 1, and he lived alone for 16 years! Amazing huh?

#6 Carlitarenee

Carlitarenee
          • 248 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

My FI puts the lid down, but always leaves the bathroom light on... drives me nuts!

#7 flbluiiis

flbluiiis
            • 184 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

We both put the lid down.... we both do it because of the toilet water flying around. How gross to think that when you are flushing your stuff away some of the particles can fly up into your bathroom...that includes your towel that you dry your hands on! Yikes!! Maybe if you pose it to him that way, he might also want to put it down?

#8 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

OMG I'm so jealous of you ladies! I put the lid down...you would think that he would naturally put it back down but he doesn't.

#9 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
                • 510 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by GinalynL
                  OMG I'm so jealous of you ladies! I put the lid down...you would think that he would naturally put it back down but he doesn't.

I am sooo jealous too!!! MY FI NEVER puts down the seat. I have tried everthing to get him to put it down but nothing has worked

#10 Ayita

Ayita
                  • 861 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

No training required for my guy either. I guess because he had a female room-mate for years before me ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users