29 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

You guys will appreciate this...

Yesterday I got my first "So when are we going to see babies?" question from a random co-worker. I answered that we don't have any plans for kids, which was met with a face of horror. #1) Do NOT ask newlyweds (or really anyone) this question, most of them don't like it. #2) Why do people look at your like you're an awful person if you don't want to have kids? Grrrrrrrrrr...

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

Oh yeah. I am like "let's wait for the ink to dry, shall we?" AT THE RECEPTION IN MEXICO!!!
      Better get used to it. I used to call on OBGYNs and they were more concerned with me TTC then getting married... a little backwards!

#3 sperger

sperger
      • Banned
      • 474 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

The things that come out of people's mouths at work, still shock me. And, just because we work together, doesn't mean we are all best friends!

#4 CrystalM

CrystalM
        • 829 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

I'm not even married yet and we're already getting the baby questions from friends and FAMILY!

The worst so far is my dad talking about IVF and how it's morally wrong (in his eyes) to destroy all the extra embryos and doctors shouldn't play God like that. I asked him when he was done with his rant if he wanted grandchildren. He said yes. I looked at him and said, well IVF is about the only way you're ever going to get them (FH has low sperm count).
          I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

The thing is, I know people ask that question, just like we were asked time and time again when we were getting engaged. No one should be asking either of those questions, but people do. It's annoying, but fine. What gets me is that I can't just say we don't want kids. People get all upset and start asking me questions about it and talking to me like I'm stupid. Listen, you asked, there's the answer. Now shut up!

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Get used to it now! Man, it's all people care about! It's like "Mind your business, for real!"

#7 Amarillis

Amarillis
              • 1,913 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

I think it is unfair for people to judge. I think that people that HAVE kids, believe that YOU should too... and since the general norm is to have kids, people think that it a necessity.

Furthermore, the pressure on those TTC and having no luck is hightened. When is the baby coming... blah blah blah... I like to say... "DH can have a baby when ever HE wants" ...

#8 Blkatz

Blkatz
                • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

we get it all the time. It is such a personal question. I mean, what if you can not have children? I just think peope should mind their own business

#9 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

I totally agree with Amy! It is totally unfair for people to judge others just because they don't want to have kids yet...or ever. Some people have actually told me that NOT wanting kids is selfish, but isn't it just as selfish to have a kid just because you want one? Either way, if people want kids then by all means, have them...if people don't want kids then don't have em, who are we to judge? I can't stand when people act all disapointed and sad when you tell them you're not sure you want to ever have kids.

#10 yamille

yamille
                    • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

yeah we have gotten it to. As if I don't put enough pressure on myself already- "my biological timeclock is tickin' like this!!!" (marisa tomei in my cousin vinny)

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users