Sign in to follow this  
Martha

What Kind Of Make-up Do You Use?

I love Bare Minerals! I've been using it for about 1.5-2 years now. When you add the powder it gives you a nice matte finish, but still a slight natural sheen. When I first got it I used to pull all my friends into the bathroom with me and give them a sample makeover. People would always wonder what the heck we were doing in there for so long. I was a walking billboard/advertisement for them! Whenever the subject comes up, my closest friends will still poke fun of me for it... Just swirl, and tap! LOL

Other than that I use Urban Decay for eye shadow, Maybeline for mascara and something else I can't remember for eye liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER View Post
I use MAC- all of it...I've never left there looking cheap. I pick out what I want and they offer suggestions.I generally prefer an "enhanced" natural look. I did my own wedding makeup using all MAC products, here's a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.
I can't believe you did all your own make-up, not that I don't have faith in you, but you looked amazing and I am so worried that I will be too nervous or excited to do my own make-up. I am afriad I will look like a clown cause I am shaking so much. This gives me faith that if the make-up artist there is not so good, maybe I can do my own.

I threw out all of my old makeup and brushes after my face issue - just wanted to be safe. Anyway, I got the bare essentials starter kit and just tried it out. I think I like it! It's really easy to use and looks natural. I have a grease slick on my face most of the time so I'm hoping this helps with that.

What I like about bare minerals is that it's not really cakey or unnatural looking but you can totally conceal any spots you need to without wearing a ton of makeup. Also the amount they give you lasts for a long time and you can blend the colors.

Is there a difference between Bare Escentuals & Bare Minerals. Is Bare Essentials also the same thing? I was thinking about trying it. I don't wear makeup daily. My powder is clinique. I bought it for a wedding in 2001. I should probably get some new stuff soon. I just feel like I should finish off the container, but 6 years is probably getting a little old. I bought it to wear in a friends wedding, because I didn't own powder. She is already divorced & remarried, so thats probably a good clue the powder is old.

I use the citi diamond card & I'm almost eligable for another $100 gift card. I've thought about getting it for sephora & getting all the stuff I need to start using bare escentuals. Everyone who I know that wears it, becomes a spokesperson for it because they love it that much. I also like a clean feel & natural look.

This isn't exactly makeup, but my must have beauty product is Sally Hansen nail polish. It's the best & it's cheap. It's so easy to put on & has a great finish. I'm always getting asked where I get my nails done. I do it myself at home with Sally Hansen. They make a french manicure set with a white paint pen. It's the easiest french manicure I've ever done.

I love MAC makeup. Because my skin is oily I use Proactiv for cleansing and then put on a light moisturizer from body shop before using any other makeup. I've never tried Bare Essentials.. maybe it's not in Canada.. or I just don't know where it's carried..