Photo

Anyone not doing the "something old, something new..."

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 ~Debra~

~Debra~
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

I didn't do it but I'm not a very traditional type of girl so...

I think if you want to, go for it but if not I don't think your marriage is doomed to fail.

#12 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

again, thanks for the input ladies! I know I can always come here for some great information! :)

#13 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

I didn't plan on doing it, but ended up doing it anyway. I had old (e-ring is DH's grandma's) and new (dress). My MOH was the traditional one so when she noticed I didn't have anything blue or borrowed she ran to her room and grabbed her blue rhinestone ring to pin up inside my dress. Whatever makes everyone happy!

#14 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:15 AM

that's cute Ginalyn!

#15 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
          • 612 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

You know what, I wasn't even thinking about it and then I realized I had everything by accident - I think sometimes you have all four without even realizing it.
            My dress is "new", my girlfriend gave me a blue garter something "blue", I'm wearing my cousin's veil she wore for her wedding something "borrowed" but I am having a tough time with something old! I put that responsibility on my grandma to find me something to put on my bouquet.
            ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
            My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#16 josee

josee
            • 217 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

I would love to do it but just can't find anything old!!! And unlike J&MWedding I can't rely on a grandmother

#17 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
              • 307 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

I'm not doing this either. With the divorce rate so high and all of these 'traditions' so rampant- maybe some of them should be considered curses instead! lol!

#18 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
                • 387 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I'm not doing it either. This is my 2nd marriage, after doing the whole fairy tale by the book wedding the 1st time. What I've learned with age and through the demise of my 1st marriage is that a wedding does not make a marriage. Meaning, do what you and your FI want, and don't let outside stress get to you. Just because you don't do the old/new/borrowed/blue thing, your marriage is not doomed. If it happens to work out that you do have all 4 things, then great. But if not, then that's great too:) Just enjoy your day!
                  Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#19 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                  • 5,466 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

i havent decided yet lisa?! I honestly didnt really even think about it.. im zero help

#20 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
                    • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

I would like to do it. I have a blue garter belt (mom gave me) but not if I will wear it. I order a blue crytal starfish for my bouquet. Everything I will be wearing will be new. FI says he is the old! LOL, no seriously I would love to borrow something from my mother for the borrowed and old! My sister says I can wear old underwear! LOL jk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users