Jump to content

Photo

Beach Invite Wording


  • Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#101 holls213

holls213
  • Newbie
  • 43 posts

    Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

    Hey ladies! Great thread, it's been super helpful already!!  Any suggestions on wording for attire for the at home reception??  I want it to be beachy and casual, but not too casual where people come in jeans or anything haha if that makes sense.



    #102 elissae

    elissae
    • Member
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

    Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

    This was a useful thread to find.  Thanks for starting !  I have saved it in my list of links to go back to by category.  I love the play on beach words for the RSVP's - cute & fun!  


    Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


    #103 cnd29

    cnd29
    • Newbie
    • 132 posts

      Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:03 AM


      How about something like "resort casual" like the resort restaurants put as their dress code?
       

      Originally Posted by holls213 

      Hey ladies! Great thread, it's been super helpful already!!  Any suggestions on wording for attire for the at home reception??  I want it to be beachy and casual, but not too casual where people come in jeans or anything haha if that makes sense.



       



      #104 elissae

      elissae
      • Member
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

      Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

      I like that a lot!
       

      Originally Posted by cnd29 


      How about something like "resort casual" like the resort restaurants put as their dress code?
       



       



       


      Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


      #105 nimbleknits

      nimbleknits
      • Newbie
      • 52 posts

        Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

        Very useful info, now the dilema will be to narrow down between all the great selections



        #106 BrideVee

        BrideVee
        • Jr. Member
        • 161 posts

          Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

          There are so many great ideas here! Thanks!



          #107 stephp1

          stephp1
          • Newbie
          • 15 posts

            Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

            I searched and searched for wording ... and then realized I wanted to be totally simple and came up with this:

             


            Bride

            and
            Groom

             

            will be married on the beach
            in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

             

            at the beautiful
            Dreams Palm Beach Resort

             

            April 29, 2013
            4 o'clock in the afternoon

             

            We invite you to join us for a vacation to remember

            Anyone have any tweaks they think would be good? The last line "we invite you to join us for a vacation to remember" is not really what I'm looking for, but I don't want any poetry or formal - any ideas?

             



            #108 mysecreteden

            mysecreteden
            • Newbie
            • 79 posts

              Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

              I wanted something simple and fun, so I came up with

               

              Who is ready to have some fun, who is ready to bathe in the sun

              Next May (insert your own month) is perfect for a vacation, hope you can join us for our celebration.

               

              We...bride and groom name, invite you to share our happiness in paradise on sixteenth of May at (time).

               

              Reception to Follow.

               



              #109 jlb392

              jlb392
              • Jr. Member
              • 197 posts

                Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

                LOVE this!!
                 

                Originally Posted by mysecreteden 

                I wanted something simple and fun, so I came up with

                 

                Who is ready to have some fun, who is ready to bathe in the sun

                Next May (insert your own month) is perfect for a vacation, hope you can join us for our celebration.

                 

                We...bride and groom name, invite you to share our happiness in paradise on sixteenth of May at (time).

                 

                Reception to Follow.

                 



                 



                #110 abs824

                abs824
                • Jr. Member
                • 153 posts

                  Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

                  This is a wonderful tip for me




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users