Sign in to follow this  
maryyy

My bachelorette party - Need to vent

I hope everything works out and that you have a blast! Don't stress and try to have so fun!

Post pics!

Aaaaaaaaaw don't know where to start!

My sister-in-law came at my home at 1:00 pm. She needed my opinions on clothes she wanted to buy and she wanted to redo a makeup trial at her home (she will be the one doing it on the wedding day). I knew it was a way to get my out of the house, so we left to the mall.

Five hours later, back at my home: the house was decorated with palm trees, beach stuff (a lot of beach stuff), there were beachy backdrops on one wall for photos. There was a small swimming pool full of wine, champagne, beer, etc. and a buffet with very yummy food and desserts. It was a very nice set-up. I did notice some green painting tape I forgot to remove off the wall, but after 5 minutes with my family and friends, I forgot about that.

I was so happy to see everyone. It was worth the stress. Two of my friends that had first declined the invitation finally made it, my mom was there, she was so cute. We were ten, and I got letters and cards from my friends that were not there. That was so thoughtful, I cried...

The bachelorette party was more looking like a get together & shower & bachelorette. I received a lot of gifts! Later in the evening, my mom, my sister-in-law and my cousin left, and me and my friends went to the club I met my FI almost 5 years ago. That part was the real bachelorette party, with challenges and too much drinking.

It was a nice party, I was very happy to see everyone, and I had a lot of fun. More than expected! My bridesmaids took a lot of pictures, but I don't have any yet. I'll post some later, I promise! Thanks for your support ladies, it was really easier to go through the week knowing that I could vent here and share my story with you.

That sucks, but look at it this way..at least they took the time to organize something for you. My BM's haven't asked or planned anything for me and probably won't. I would totally love for them to acknowledge me but it seems this whole wedding is on me, I have had no help or input from them at all. so although I think they went about it the wrong way, I think its nice that they thought of you (even though they should not be doing it in your own house..don't they have houses they can throw it in??)

i'm glad things worked out! i have to learn to just let go sometimes and not stress, i really want to make an effor to enjoy this "planning time" since i only want to do it once!

I am very sorry that you are going through this right now but as Estella said maybe they are trying to through you off. My sister who is my MOH told me that she is only throughing me a bachelorette party and not a bridal shower because she can't afford it and I was so so hurt. But I had my shower on June 13th and it was a murder mystery themed shower and all this time i'm sad about not having a shower and stressing thinking i'm going to through myself a shower and the whole time she just did that to through me off cause just like you I am a control freak. A good amount of my friends did not get invited to the shower because my sister decided to be sneaky and go through my phone bill for numbers instead of asking me for a list of people that was one minor flaw in my shower but besides that everything worked out great. So I am praying that this is all just to through you off and by the way the shower was for my FI aswell so they did an jack and jill shower and got both of us. Please keep us posted and I'm wishing you the best and hope that you enjoy whatever it is you BM put together for you.