How often do you change your bedsheets?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

ummm once a fortnight.It hasnt killed me in fact the closest ive come to dying is launching my self into the bed FIRST i figure ive washed um i enjoy um (FIRST) haha xx

#42 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

I try to do it once a weeks, but I never remember...Usually it's every 2 weeks. I guess I need to ge on it. That's really gross!

#43 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

OMG I'm feeling gross...it's probably about every other week for me. We both work nights (11-7) so we sleep odd hours and we're sooo busy. I think my wedding resolution will be to change them more often.

Married July 16, 2009
        Aventura Cove Palace Resort
        Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#44 FutureMrsLewis

• 583 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

Somewhere in between every two weeks and once a month, basically whenever I have time and I actually remember lol

And like the other girls have said, it hasn't killed me yet, so I'm not too concerned lol

#45 tad515

• 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MegaShay
            Ewww! We change ours once a week. But my cousin who's totally germ-phobic changes hers daily - who has time for that much laundry?!
            Daily? That's crazy! But it's articles like this that I could totally understand doing it daily! LOL!

#46 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

lol Debs, leave it to you to start a thread like this!!!

Hmm... I think I wash mine every 3-4 weeks - but I'm off to wash them right now after reading this (that, and to move my toothbrush to another room alltogether!!)
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#47 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

Hey girls, while we're talking laundry, can somebody tell me what "permanent press" and "heavy duty" is ? I always wondered...

In France the machines ask you to chose between "cotton", "synthetic", "delicate"... I have no idea what "permanent press" might mean

#48 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:12 AM

You can add me to the every 3 weeks group. A few years ago on Oprah, she did this special on germs and household things like the sheets. Oprah said you are supposed to change them every 2-3 days. I guess when you have a staff of a thousand you can do that! The grossest thing I learned from that episode though, is that your kitchen sink has more germs than your toilet. I'm so paranoid about my friggin kitchen sink now, I am forever scrubbing it with bleach!

#49 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

Now I want to vomit...I was googling articles about germs and found this...
                    Any time you transfer underwear from the washer to the dryer, you’re getting E. coli on your hands. Just one soiled undergarment can spread bacteria to the whole load and machine.

Reduce the risk: Run your washer at 150 degrees (you can check the temperature of your washing-machine water with a candy thermometer) and wash whites with bleach (not the color-safe type; it doesn’t pack the same punch), which kills 99.9 percent of bugs. Transfer wet laundry to the dryer quickly so germs don’t multiply, wash underwear separately (there’s about a gram of feces in every pair of dirty underwear) and dry for at least 45 minutes. Wash your hands after laundering.

#50 Debs

• VIP Member
                    • 7,104 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

That's JUST what I needed to read Monday morning!! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users