Photo

Self Tanner-Which have you used and liked?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

thanks BrideMichele. I can see there are some options to purchase 3 vs 1 bottle.  How long does one bottle last you? How long does the tan last before you need to re-apply?  Would it be worth it to purchase 3 bottles or not? 

#42 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
    • 247 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I apply it once a week.

I have read that one bottle should last approx one month - but that depends on if you apply it all over your body or just your legs, shoulders and arms. I am really impressed with the tan it gives so I am glad I ordered many bottles.

#43 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
      • 323 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

thanks! I am gonna order a few then.

#44 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
        • 247 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

Simplnsweet - It is not too hard to put on. I looked up a few demo applications on youtube to learn how. Plus, don't buy a Tanner Application Glove - just buy a box of those see thru rubber gloves (you know, the ones that come in hair dye boxes) and a make up sponge to help blend  where needed. They say you can use your bare hand to apply but to wash it often - but I prefer the rubber gloves.

In the evening, I shower and exfoliate. Then I moisturize my knees, ankles, and elbows. I apply the tanner to body - let myself dry thoroughly and then I go to bed. I have not found it to stain my sheets at all. The reason applying it before bed is best is because getting water on the skin where the tanner is working will wash it off and then you will have a streak.

Most of the color of the tan washes off with your morning shower. They put a brown in the tanner so you can tell were you have applied it and so you can apply it evenly. You still have a nice tan after the shower so don't panic if you see a lot of brown water at the bottom of the shower.

If you want a darker tan, you can re-apply the next day I believe. I like the color tan I get from a once-a-week application so I don't know for sure what the minimum amount of time you have to wait between applications.

After the 3rd time I used the tanner, I felt like a pro. I was much better and faster at it. Because of the brown dye in the tanner, it is really a fool proof way to apply it.

Hope this info helps. :)

#45 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
          • 323 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thanks BrideMichele!!! Very helpful info.

#46 JLR1726

JLR1726
            • 187 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

If anyone is still wondering about this a great self- tanner is St. Tropez. its about $40 a bottle and it last for a couple of months if you use it a few times a week. I usually get the mousse kind.

#47 schmizer

schmizer
              • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

I also love mystic tanning booths.

As far as the bottled stuff, Lancome definately makes the best!  

#48 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
                • 296 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Definitely St. Tropez!  It looks really natural.  I use the gel. 

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#49 lilLAblonde

lilLAblonde
                  • 31 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

I use Fake Bake. Works well for me, but I'd much rather have a real tan as bad as it is for us.. I haven't tanned in a year though!

A good friend of mine who has an amazing "fake" tan recommended this to me. If you order it off Amazon it's half the price. I got mine a few days ago and am just about to try it. I'm not looking for a dark tan, just a little bit of color. Wish me luck.
                    March 10, 2011 in Bucerias, Mexico!

#50 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
                    • 91 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by lilLAblonde 

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ambularose 

I use Fake Bake. Works well for me, but I'd much rather have a real tan as bad as it is for us.. I haven't tanned in a year though!

Good luck! and dont forget to scrub before you use it.  Avoid your hands, knees, feet and knees and wear loose clothing after.

A good friend of mine who has an amazing "fake" tan recommended this to me. If you order it off Amazon it's half the price. I got mine a few days ago and am just about to try it. I'm not looking for a dark tan, just a little bit of color. Wish me luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users