• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 LadyP

LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    You can def send them out now. The more time people have to plan the better. Courtney is also getting married in May and she sent hers out. And Amy is getting married July 4, 2008 and she sent her's out as well. I say send them out! I got a SDT two months ago for a wedding in September 28, 2008. And this isn't even a DW! Send it out and start getting excited!
    Glenda when did you send yours out and where is mine

#12 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

I am getting married in June 2008 and I am trying to finish mine to send out hopefully next weekend! I think the earlier the better, this way you know who will be coming, especially if you decide on room block at a hotel!!

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

I think you should definetly get them out. we sent ours 10 months in advance. I think the whole point of a STD, especially with a DW is so that people have time to make arrangements and save money if they need to, to pay for there trip.

#14 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

I agree with everyone else - the earlier the better. I just ordered my STD's yesterday and will be sending them as soon as I get them for my May 2008 wedding next year.

#15 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

I sent STD's in January for a November wedding. It's definitely not too early.

However, I would recommend not asking for RSVPs this early. So many people will say, I'm coming for sure! and then when it gets close, they might not. I sent invites about 3 months early and asked for responses 4 weeks out.

#16 Karen

Karen
            • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Definately send them out now! Your guests will appreciate the advance notice and the chance to save and plan. Some workplaces require that you take time off months in advance.
              <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#17 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

I was just at a family function and people were asking when, where, etc. So I was telling them. And they were all like "if you know send us the save the date!!" so we're going to send them next month... which is a YEAR AND A HALF PRIOR!! But people kept asking for the STD so I can't argue with that!

#18 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

Quote:
                  You can def send them out now. The more time people have to plan the better. Courtney is also getting married in May and she sent hers out. And Amy is getting married July 4, 2008 and she sent her's out as well. I say send them out! I got a SDT two months ago for a wedding in September 28, 2008. And this isn't even a DW! Send it out and start getting excited!
                  I was just at a family function and people were asking when, where, etc. So I was telling them. And they were all like "if you know send us the save the date!!" so we're going to send them next month... which is a YEAR AND A HALF PRIOR!! But people kept asking for the STD so I can't argue with that!

Totally send them out now!! I say the earlier the better. Your guests deserve to know key details as early as possible. And I applaud you, Tara for sending yours out a year and a half early - when I talked about sending mine that early people questioned it and suggested I send them later otherwise guests will forget details! I wish I had gone with my instinct. Guests totally appreciate getting the information and start arranging details early... treat it like a vacation - we often plan a year ahead of time... so these people need the same amount of time to plan and save.

Send now - and post pictures too!!!
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#19 KRISTEN

KRISTEN
                  • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

I would send them out. I think it is nice to send out early and give as much notice as possible so your guests can make plans.
                    Kristen

http://i189.photobuc....r/pic004-1.jpg
                    Glenn and I at our Couple's Shower
                    Nov. 3, 2007http://tickers.Ticke....9a03/event.png

#20 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
                      Glenda is right, I sent mine in April for our July 2008 wedding- more than a year in advance and asked for a prelim RSVP by July 4 of this year.

Its never too early, IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users