Sign in to follow this  
twistedannie

How Much is too Much?

Hi Ladies, I'm getting married in Vegas on August 15th, 2009.

I have hired a florist and given her a deposit but am finding that her mockups for my wedding leave a lot to be desired and are slightly overpriced

(I think)...$340 for my bridal bouquet?

I have found that she will listen to my request and then do a mockup or send me a photo of something that is not even close to what I had asked for.

As you can imagine this is leading to some feelings of frustration on my part.

I want to enjoy this process - Not be frustrated by it.

That being said, I have 2 questions for you...

Do you think $340 is too much to pay for a bridal bouquet?

Have you worked with a good florist in Las Vegas that you can recommend?

Well, my bouquet is only going to be $120. But the price can vary from low to extremely high depending on the types of flowers you want.

What flowers did you request to have in your bouquet? (My bouquet is going to have roses which helps keep it reasonably priced).

Also, the price for flowers may be alot more expensive in Vegas because they are not grown there. It's nothing but desert and everything has to be brought in.

That does seem like a lot. I thought the islands were more expensive since everything has to be flown in, but Vegas is right here! That is unfair that they charge that much, just because they can. This may be a weird suggestion, but they have Costco in Las Vegas. Why not order their bulk bouquets and centerpieces? The prices include delivery and they are very inexpensive.

Thanks for your replies Ladies. My bridal bouquet was to include some roses and some lilies and some dried filler. It was nothing out of the ordinary. I looked at the costco website and found that basically for the price of my bouquet I could get the entire wedding flower ensemble.

1 Bridal bouquet

2 Brides Maid bouquets

1 Toss Away bouquet

6 Corsages

6 Attendant boutonnieres

3 Centerpieces (vases not included)

1 Rose Petal bud

$399

What a Deal!

Also, I can order 100 stems of Roses for $100. Or 50 calla lillies for $90. The options are endless. My super talented MOH and I can put together our own bouquets!

The $1500 I was going to spend on Flowers is now looking more like $500....So What to spend the extra $1000 on is the question.

I Love it! Thank You!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
  • Topics