Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#221 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I also for BMs dresses and I get a big discount because I ordered them at my friends boutique.  The dresses are so nice and beautiful but the prices ranges from $125-175. 

#222 islandbride8

islandbride8
    • 315 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm not buying bridesmaids dresses, but then again I'm not having bridesmaids.  I'm having one maid of honor and I'm not buying her dress, but I told her to get whatever she wants to.  I'm very laid back and showed her my colors and I know she'll look fabulous!  I don't want her to be uncomfortable or to get something she'll never wear again.

#223 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
      • 718 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

I'm not buying bridesmaids dresses, but then again I'm not having bridesmaids.  I'm having one maid of honor and I'm not buying her dress, but I told her to get whatever she wants to.  I'm very laid back and showed her my colors and I know she'll look fabulous!  I don't want her to be uncomfortable or to get something she'll never wear again.

That's also a great idea. At least she feels that she is a special one on your wedding day. 

#224 surprise4us

surprise4us
        • 119 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

I have two bridemaids and have bought both of their dresses, we also purchased the guys outfits as well, as part of their thank you gift, for coming so far and being a part or our day.

#225 helen9

helen9
          • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

As it's a DW yes I am

#226 schmizer

schmizer
            • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:09 AM

I am thinking that I will probably end up paying for BM's dresses (only have 2) and have them take care of their own alterations.  I am also going to pay for their hair appointments as part of a package deal as well as hair for my mom and my FMIL.  

#227 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
              • 355 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

I'm just going with MOH.. no bridesmaids. She will get her own dress, one that she can use for other occassions as well.  We will get her a nice gift and that is it.  Sounds cheap, I know, but this is the deal we made back in HS :)

#228 smille50

smille50
                • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

I didn't pay for my bridesmaid dresses.  Although I did go to Davids Bridal and found affordable dresses ($80).  I told the bridesmaid's that I will be giving them jewelry to wear and they can pick out any dressy white shoes they want to wear.  I got them each matching pearl necklaces with earrings. 

#229 shelbs97

shelbs97
                  • 85 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

We didn't pay for the bridesmaids dresses or groomsmens clothing.  The BM's dresses were only $180 - and we all went together and they decided on the dress AND the color. (I didn't care about color).  The groomsmen clothes we picked out in August 2010 for our May 2011 cause all the summer clothing were on sale, so we got $200 outfits for $90 each.  BUT - we paid for $500 towards each attendants room at the resort - and we're still getting them thank you gifts, so in total we're spending about $4200 on our 12 attendants. 

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#230 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

We are having two bridesmaids and two grooms men and I think we will be paying for their outfits.  I will also be paying for my bridesmaids jewelry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users