Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#131 JeniferLynn

• 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

I am paying for my maid of honors dress, but only because I do not have bridesmaids and because I know she really cant afford the trip for our wedding but is still coming so i would like to help out.

#132 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

i paid for half but I got the dresses for 125 and free shipping (all three are in different states) and then I am getting them jewerly as their gift. so overall they are paying 55 for the dress and 40 for shoes. Its cheaper then any wedding i've been in.

#133 crsperanza

• 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

I am paying for all of the wedding party's clothes and one night's stay in Mexico (the night of the wedding). But I think it's just a personal choice depending on how big your briday party is and what your budget is.

#134 jaynreneewed

• 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I paid for all of the dresses and groomsmen wear

#135 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

Not having any bridesmaids, but if I were having them, the answer would be no. I think now its kind of understood that if you are asked, you kind of foot the bill. Every time I have been a bridesmaid that is how it has been. I have never had a bride offer to pick up the tab!
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#136 DAP8479

• Site Supporter
            • 61 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

I have paid for my bridesmaid dresses, there are 4 of them. They are from David's Bridal and were $79 plus tax. They will be paying for any alternations. I also will be buying them a gift. I feel since I am asking them to pay so much to fly to the destination it would be a nice gesture. However I have been in 3 weddings where I had to pay for the gowns and had no issue in do so as it is standard practice. I say what ever you choose to do will be great!

#137 frannkie

• 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:40 AM

I am paying for my MOH and my 2 bridesmaids dresses, they are $140 each. Mostly likey we will be paying for the bestman and groomsman as well (hopefully my FI can get his butt in gear and decide on something for them to wear soon) :)

#138 sweetluna

• 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:34 AM

My girls are paying for their own dresses ($150 each) but I bought their shoes and I'm paying for their day at the spa the day of the wedding. Plus I am giving them their jewelery.

#139 CristiandJamie

• 445 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

My friend got married a year ago and I loved her bridesmaid dress. Since the same people are in my wedding (her sister and another mutual friend) we are going to reuse the dresses for my wedding. The plus is that the only people that really know or have seen the dress is them since we are not have the same people attend my wedding.

I gave my friend that got married last year my dress and she will need to get it altered but I plan on paying for the alterations. The dress is a pool colored strapless dress that gathers to the side so very simple. In her wedding she had yellow roses and we plan to have multi color flowers for our wedding so even though we have the same BM dresses the pictures will look different because of the flowers (or at least that is the plan).
                    Cristi & Jamie
                    http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#140 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

My BM dresses are being made, so I purchased all the material ($225) and the girls are paying to have the dress made, which is only $75 each.

I am trying to figure out other gifts now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users