Photo

I bought my dress!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

We went shopping yesterday for the first time and it was definitely a ton of fun

We went to the first store and tried on quite a few dresses, however I loved the third dress I tried on. I was too nervous to commit that early in the say so we went to 2 other dress stores. Didn't like anything at the 2nd, but at the third store, they had the same dress I loved however in a different colour & style of back. I tried it on and then for sure it was "the one".

I ended up ordering it yesterday! Now to wait the 5-6 months for it to come into the store!!!! It was a little bit over budget, but so worth it. It was Essence of Australia D586 in white with a corset back It's beautiful and fits my style perfectly.

Here are some pictures of the dress I tried on. It was ivory but I wanted it in white. The last picture is blurry but oh well! LOL

Click the image to open in full size.

and on the model:
    *** Lisa ***http://tickers.Ticke....886d/event.png
    Married my Best Friend on May 5,2010Bride, Groom & 48 Guests Attended!

#2 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

It is really pretty!!! Congratulations!!! Bet you are excited!!!

#3 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
      • 340 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

Beautiful dress!

#4 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Pretty! I like the lace-up back.

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

You look so beautiful. I love your dress!

#6 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

That's exactly how I found my dress too! It was the 3rd dress I tried on (picked out by my best friend) but felt it was too soon to commit to a dress... then after going to a few more stores and hating everything else (and continually referring to the 3rd dress as 'my' dress) I knew it was the one!
              It's such a great feeling to find your dress, congrats!! It's beautiful on you!

Are you going to add the cap sleeves shown on the model or stay strapless?

#7 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Congratulations Very pretty - I found mine on my first trip too.
                I think I love yours bc the back and bottom are very similar to mine! Love Love Love the corset back!

#8 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
                • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'm staying with the strapless version :)

I couldn't believe I had found it so easily so I just kept looking around but yet compared everything back to "The pretty lace dress". My mom knew then that it was pointless to keep looking, we tried on the dress again, and the rest is history!

My favourite features are the fabric under the bust, the corset back and the lace details. I'm short so it is going to be a fairly expensive alteration to bring up the detail from the lace and save it, but its sooo worth it.

I love simple elegance and thankfully my mom, sister (MOH) and aunt all said it was 100% a "Lisa Dress". I can't wait until it is in!
                  *** Lisa ***http://tickers.Ticke....886d/event.png
                  Married my Best Friend on May 5,2010Bride, Groom & 48 Guests Attended!

#9 AugustBride2B

AugustBride2B
                  • 312 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Congratulations, you look beautiful!

#10 BillysBride

BillysBride
                    • 1,255 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

Just gorgeous! And it looks amazing on you! CONGRATULATIONS!
                      Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users