80 replies to this topic

#51 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be
    HI gals!!

Mike is home!!!!! Wooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are moving into our new apartment on Saturday!!! I love life soo much right now!!! lol
    Best of luck with your move! If you're up for grabbing a coffee or something sometime, pm me. It might be fun for a few of us in Halifax to get together.

Kerri

#52 jenne

jenne
    • 278 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

No one has written here in a long time, but I thought this would be a good place to post. I'm sad and I miss my fiance! He is in the military and has been away since January 4th on a tasking in B.C. (not for the Olympics). I am so ready for him to come home. I just miss getting to spend my evenings with him and waking up in the morning with him. I made it through 7 months without him when he went to Afghanistan so I'm sure I can handle a few more weeks...
      Jennifer

#53 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
      • 553 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Aww Jennifer, You will be fine! I know how much it sucks, My FI was away for 13 months altogether...That was hard But it makes life sooooo much better when they get home <3 Good luck, Were all here for you!!

Keep smilin' lady

#54 mnh1983

mnh1983
        • 743 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

My fiance is in the Air Force. He has been deployed 3 times since we've been together. It is tough when he is gone, but I just try to keep myself busy with work and friends. Luckily, due to his job, his deployments are only a few months at a time right now.

#55 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for so long in this thread. Nice to see some action in here again, though!

DH has his orders for 14 months starting on May 1. Ugh. Just before our baby is due. But, we will deal with it.

#56 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
            • 291 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

He has to go away for 14 months? That is so hard...I thought that 6-8 months was going to be hard...You must be so strong, hope you have lots of help and support Foxy! Congrats on the little one (PS your baby is due the day after my wedding :)).

#57 Jenamie

Jenamie
              • 392 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Sorry I was MIA for so long,
                After my wedding I was weddinged out but now I'm back to help and be apart of everything going on!

We just did a PCA
                Kinda annoying because he needed to buy a new uniform and provide a "landing fee" in the new squadron

We are still working out the fiances because I got out of the military before we got married

#58 **Kat**

**Kat**
                • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi ladies! I am a military bride as well. My FI has been in for 7 years are we are preparing for a 13 month deployment in August. I am not looking forward to it. This will be his first one. Luckily the wedding is distracting me.. but I know it is going to hit me harder when that is over. Ekkk

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to talking more with you

#59 Jenamie

Jenamie
                  • 392 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by butterfly4kathy2
                    Hi ladies! I am a military bride as well. My FI has been in for 7 years are we are preparing for a 13 month deployment in August. I am not looking forward to it. This will be his first one. Luckily the wedding is distracting me.. but I know it is going to hit me harder when that is over. Ekkk

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to talking more with you
                    Hey there welcome :)

Ick 13 months! I'm sorry...

Yeah The wedding plans will distract you, are you guys planning a trip before he deploys... I've always thought a great vacation is a great memory and lots of pictures he can hold on too!

#60 AishaB

AishaB
                    • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

My FI is also in the reserves. This will be his 10th year. He actually went from full time to part time recently when he got another full time federal job. But it has not been easy. He is in Texas and I am in New Jersey. It is kind of undecided where we will be settling down just yet. Right now we are thinking a good compromise for his career/reserves/family is either upstate New York or Michigan. But with that said, he most likely will be getting deployed either later this year or early next year since his troupe is being considered. We are just waiting to see how it goes. Sometimes it is difficult being apart, first military and now with his job but after a while I guess you just get used to going to functions alone, keeping yourself busy and enjoying the times you do have together. Thank God for cell phones!
                      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users