Photo

so much LESS STRESS!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JOSIE

JOSIE
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hey Girls, I just had to post this because I am just so freaking grateful to be having a destination wedding! I have 3 friends planning massive traditional weddings - including my best friend. Her stress level is through the roof having to schedule 50 final meetings, decide on all these tiny things and coordinating the church schedule with the reception hall and etc etc etc

its hard to even relate to her even though I'm so happy for her. I just feel like all throughout this process she has been so much more stressed out that me - over the little things.

I can't WAIT to have a low key wedding in mexico and party all inclusive style!!

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

I couldn't agree with you more Josie!! My friend is getting married this upcoming weekend, and although I am so excited to be in her wedding party, I also can't wait for my own wedding which will be so laid back and less formal! I think I would go crazy if I had to try to plan something traditional.
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

Oh I completely agree. I love the fact that this is totally non-stress! LOVE IT!!!

#4 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Woo-Hoo for DW!!

#5 jetsbride

jetsbride
          • 794 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

I totally agree with you too Josie!!!
            When my sister was planning her traditional wedding she was very stressed and it was not enjoyable. She was having panic attacks and always in a bad mood! I am sooo excited to be having a stress free DW!!

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Josie - I totally agree...my friends do not realize how I am so calm...especially as I get stressed easily with work...

I love destination weddings!

#7 *Karla*

*Karla*
              • 4,854 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jetsbride
                I totally agree with you too Josie!!!
                When my sister was planning her traditional wedding she was very stressed and it was not enjoyable. She was having panic attacks and always in a bad mood! I am sooo excited to be having a stress free DW!!
                Absolutely! When my sister was planning her wedding last year, she and here FI fought constantly over tiny details. I've got none of that!!!

#8 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Soooooo true. This is so the way to go I think. It's actually been fun planning and not a chore and I'm looking forward to being on vacation with all my friends and family.

#9 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
                  • 510 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Although I can get bridzilla with certain things its nothing compared to what my BFF went through a year ago. DW is the way to go!!!!!

#10 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
                    • 340 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

After seeing what two of my close friends went through when they got married, I knew I wanted a destination wedding. My fiance wanted a traditional wedding, so after 3 very stressful months of attempting to plan a traditional wedding, we sat down and talked about other options. I'm soooo much happier now that we've booked a cruise wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users