Sign in to follow this  
jesswins

I'm getting married in Cabo!

also you want to consider that generally "slow season" in mexico is from may- september and you can often get lower rates at that time.

we chose dreams because it is all inclusive and a little smaller than RIU. also at the time when i started plannig i could never get RIU to email me back so it made setting a date impossible- so i chose Dreams. Dreams is about 250 rooms and a little more quaint. it was exactly what i was looking for. it is about a 20 min car ride into town though- so if you are looking for something close to town RIU is much closer. PM me if you have specific questions about costs and stuff! i am happy to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswins View Post
Hi Tammy,
I am leaning towards May. What should I do next?

choose a few sites...then if you want i can see what available dates they have...

Hi Tammy,

Well I wouldn't mind being closer to Cabo San Lucas so a hotel there would be nice. Would you mind checking RIU out for me? My FI likes the summer months but it doesn't seem that the weather is the best then. Why did you chose Dreams over RIU? Some brides have said that RIU is more of a party scene. Maybe that would be best for us? Either way could you check out RIU and Dreams please?

Thanks,

Jessica

Congratulations! It's exciting and overwhelming. I am so happy that I found this website. Everyone has been so nice and so generous with their advice. Are you getting married in Cabo? Have you been there before? Any ideas yet? I don't feel its real yet. I think once I set the date then that's when it will be official. I look forward to talking with you.

Good luck,

Jessica

This site has every aspect of planning a wedding in mexico if that is what you are leaning towards.....I had no idea what I was doing at first and then you spend hours on here......literally.....and you soon find great ideas and vendors for everything.....just have fun looking around and everyone here is AMAZING when it comes to answering questions!! smile159.gif

I have lived here for seven years so I can tell you about July and other preferred months for weddings. First off it is HOT, 95+ per day. It is rare to get rain in July. It will get cloudy (big and beautiful) over the mountains to the west and rain there but rarely 'in town'. Preferred months for climate would be Nov thru April.