Sign in to follow this  
jesswins

I'm getting married in Cabo!

Hi ladies,

My name is Jessica and I am new to this forum. I appreciated all of the responses to your posts in the Newbies thread. Well now that I have decided to get married in Cabo I have to pick a date. I have heard so many different things about when to go that I am not sure what to do. I knwo things book up quickly so I may not even have much of a choice. I thought about July but I heard there are thunderstroms during this time. Ladies what do you know about the weather and high season?

Thanks,

Jessica

hi welcome...hope this helps

Average annual rainfall: 10 inches - Coldest months: December and January

Storm season: July to October - Average water temperature: 72º F.

Average air temperatures: 50 to 80º F. winter; 70 to 100º F. summer.

The Pacific Ocean side of Los Cabos is generally 10º F. cooler than the Sea of Cortés.

The average year-round temperature is 78F. During the high tourist season, October to April, the temperature is typically 80F during the day and cools to the 60's at night. In the low season, May to September, the temperature will go up to 100+F during the day and stay in the upper 70's and low 80's in the evening. The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 72F. During the summer months the water temperature can reach the mid 80's. The climate is arid with over 300 days of sunshine, with some reports of over 350 days. Average annual rainfall is 10 inches (25.4cm), most with occurring during the months of September and October.

Thanks! I am min the very beginning stages of planning. What made you decide to choose RIU? It seems that RIU and Dreams are the main spots to get married. Do you mind me asking how much RIU charges for rooms? May ounds like a good time of year since its the low season and this may lower costs.

Thanks again,

Jessica

Just an FYI- I have been to Cabo 3 times in the last year: September, February, and May. I have to say that May is absolutely perfect weather! September can be a little iffy because it's the end of hurricane season and it's really hot- I wouldn't necessarily recommend then. February is a little colder than I want to be on vacation! It was only about 70, maybe 75 during the day and then downright cold at night, about 55-65. The locals were saying it was exceptionally cold when we were there, but I still probably wouldn't go back at that time because of it.

May was perfect. 90 during the day, 65 at night- we honestly couldn't have asked for more perfect weather our wedding day. I was not too hot in my dress at all, it was great!

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out...by the way, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your engagement!

I'll chime in too...November & December are great times in Cabo as well as May. I would stay away from hurricane season just in case, which is why we picked November for ours!

February was definitely cold when I went a few years ago...that was a surprise! Too cold to lay out by the pool!