I'm getting married in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jesswins

jesswins
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi ladies,
    My name is Jessica and I am new to this forum. I appreciated all of the responses to your posts in the Newbies thread. Well now that I have decided to get married in Cabo I have to pick a date. I have heard so many different things about when to go that I am not sure what to do. I knwo things book up quickly so I may not even have much of a choice. I thought about July but I heard there are thunderstroms during this time. Ladies what do you know about the weather and high season?
    Thanks,
    Jessica

#2 ajncooter

ajncooter
    • 983 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

hi welcome...hope this helps

Average annual rainfall: 10 inches - Coldest months: December and January
      Storm season: July to October - Average water temperature: 72º F.
      Average air temperatures: 50 to 80º F. winter; 70 to 100º F. summer.
      The Pacific Ocean side of Los Cabos is generally 10º F. cooler than the Sea of Cort©s.

The average year-round temperature is 78F. During the high tourist season, October to April, the temperature is typically 80F during the day and cools to the 60's at night. In the low season, May to September, the temperature will go up to 100+F during the day and stay in the upper 70's and low 80's in the evening. The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 72F. During the summer months the water temperature can reach the mid 80's. The climate is arid with over 300 days of sunshine, with some reports of over 350 days. Average annual rainfall is 10 inches (25.4cm), most with occurring during the months of September and October.

#3 jesswins

jesswins
      • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

Thanks! I am min the very beginning stages of planning. What made you decide to choose RIU? It seems that RIU and Dreams are the main spots to get married. Do you mind me asking how much RIU charges for rooms? May ounds like a good time of year since its the low season and this may lower costs.
        Thanks again,
        Jessica

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

Just an FYI- I have been to Cabo 3 times in the last year: September, February, and May. I have to say that May is absolutely perfect weather! September can be a little iffy because it's the end of hurricane season and it's really hot- I wouldn't necessarily recommend then. February is a little colder than I want to be on vacation! It was only about 70, maybe 75 during the day and then downright cold at night, about 55-65. The locals were saying it was exceptionally cold when we were there, but I still probably wouldn't go back at that time because of it.
          May was perfect. 90 during the day, 65 at night- we honestly couldn't have asked for more perfect weather our wedding day. I was not too hot in my dress at all, it was great!

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out...by the way, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your engagement!

#5 jak27

jak27
          • 715 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

I'll chime in too...November & December are great times in Cabo as well as May. I would stay away from hurricane season just in case, which is why we picked November for ours!

February was definitely cold when I went a few years ago...that was a surprise! Too cold to lay out by the pool!

#6 jesswins

jesswins
            • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

I checked out your website and loved it. What service did you use?

#7 jak27

jak27
              • 715 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jesswins
                I checked out your website and loved it. What service did you use?
                Me? It's powered by Wedding Window, and was the easiest thing in the world to use!

Free Wedding Website Trial | Personal Wedding Websites

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

my favorite time in cabo: May, June, October, November

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 jesswins

jesswins
                • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

Hi Tammy,
                  I am leaning towards May. What should I do next?

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

Next you need to decide on a site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users