Photo

Is this a bit bold for TTD??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lexibride

lexibride
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

I love the colors and thought it was fitting for Mexico...what are your thoughts?

Print Prom Dresses, Print Formal Gowns for Prom 2009 at PromGirl

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Pretty dress, but I think that material might get too clingy when wet, if you are doing a TTD in the water. Unless you like that look, it could get (too) sexy when wet.

#3 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Well --- that is a great dress... I think it would make a great rehersal dress, but not necessarily a TTD dress... is there any reason you aren't using your real wedding dress

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Oh I LOVE that dress!!!! All depends on what you are looking to accomplish with your TTD. That dress won't loook like a wedding TTD, but will definitely make for *sexy when wet* pictures. I might agree that it may e better suited for a Welcome or Rehearsal dinner - UNLESS you don't want your TTD to *look* wedding-related. LOVE the dress regardless!!!!

#5 lexibride

lexibride
          • 276 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Woah....didn't think about the ol' wet look, lol! I don't want to be THAT sexy, lol!! Great idea though for the rehearsal dinner dress :)

I'm nervous to use my real dress - which honestly I haven't picked yet. Has anyone used their real dress and had no problems?

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

I have seen brides do both (I didn't do a TTD, but would'e used my wedding dress if I did), but I haven't heard anyone ruining their dress. Usually they end up cleaner then they were from the wedding!

#7 KristinaM

KristinaM
              • VIP Member
              • 3,082 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
              • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing Carly said- that material might be really clingy/uncomfortable/odd looking when wet.

I do think its a GREAT dress for the welcome dinner/rehersal or something though!

#8 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

A girl on one of the FB blogs actually said that her real dress came out CLEANER once she did the "pool portion" of her TTD. As long as you aren't doing anything that might rip it, almost everything is dry-cleanable. :)

[QUOTE=lexibride;815079
                I'm nervous to use my real dress - which honestly I haven't picked yet. Has anyone used their real dress and had no problems?[/QUOTE]

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

My dress also came out cleaner after TTD. It looked better, not worse and nothing happened to it at all. My dress was all lace, so if anything you would think it would get ruined, but its perfect.

#10 roo66

roo66
                  • 1,001 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Just buy it its fantastic it made me gasp i would love it.Maybe not as a trash the dress x
                    but treat yourself x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users