Time of day for ceremony... morning, sunset, etc?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Britni

• 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi, I am getting married at SRC in April 2010, and I am in the process of picking my date and time. Any feedback on a certain time of day being better than another for the ceremony to take place? Would love to hear the pros and cons of morning vs afternoon vs sunset. I imagine we are able to pick our wedding time, right? Thanks!!

#2 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

We didnt have a whole lot of choice for our wedding time. We are having a legal ceremony in Punta Cana and you are pretty much at the mercy of when the judge is available. So, we are getting married pretty early -noon. But I'm quite happy with it. We are having our reception on a yacht, leaving at 4pm for three hours. Dinner at sunset! So having our wedding at noon gives us enough time to enjoy ourselves, do pictures, etc. I think a lot of people seem to get married later in the day though. It's not as hot!

#3 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

hi, we picked a, 4.00pm wedding due to it being cooler & because the wedding dinner is not until 6.30pm, so after photo's should help the time flow better.

#4 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

We chose late afternoon, 4pm. Pictures are great, a little bit cooler, and we'll flow right into a cocktail hour while we do pics and then dinner, and party the night away.

#5 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

We're doing 5pm in april in riviera maya. It'll be less hot, we'll be able to take sunset photos AND I figured most of the guests would only be there for a few days... wanted them to have the daytime to enjoy the beach then the evening to party the night away!

#6 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

My wedding is at 4. For the same reasons as everyones here, I thought it would be cooler, dinner afterwards, ect. My photographer, however, is trying to convince me to get up early that day for photos. She is Jamaican and says the sky and water look much bluer in the morning, in the late afternoon it tends to look gray.
              There is no way in hell I am waking up early to get made up and sit around in my dress all day. So I told her I would take my chances. I thought this info may be helpful, though.

#7 Britni

• 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thanks, all very helpful everyone!

#8 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hi, Britni -- Since I discovered that 4 pm is the time that rain is most likely to occur in Jamaica (statistically) in our wedding month of May, we decided to go a little earlier in the day and 2 pm is going to be our preference, with 3 pm as our 2nd choice!

We are officially booking with our TA this weekend, so I'll let you know what time we end up getting!

#9 scarolinagirl81

• 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hi We are getting married at Sandals Negril in June 2010. We chose 11 am b/c it is still cool and it is less likely to rain in the morning. Plus the thought of going all day and trying not to see each other would be hard on the resort. Good luck!

#10 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

What Rain at 4:00 pm Aggghhhh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users