Photo

For $220...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

I bought most of the material to make my dress today! WOO HOO!!!!!! My aunt is actually making the dress starting this week. I'm soooo super excited. We'll need to purchase a few other little things later on, but the bulk of it was bought today! I'm so happy about the price! We got super deals (25% off at Fabricland and 50% off at a local fabric store in town).

I'll post some pics as soon as I can but for now, here's the link to the dress that is our inspiration.

Harlow - by Maggie Sottero

#2 BillysBride

BillysBride
    • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Oooh, that dress is just stunning! Love it. And how insanely cool that you guys are doing this together! This is a first, and I thought I'd seen it all here on BDW! lol

Good luck and you know I cannot wait to see the finished product! (sigh)..I wish I could do something like..sew, or knit, or ..heck, walk and chew gum.
      Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#3 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
      • 1,418 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

That's a very beautiful dress!!!! :) Love it!

#4 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BillysBride
          Oooh, that dress is just stunning! Love it. And how insanely cool that you guys are doing this together! This is a first, and I thought I'd seen it all here on BDW! lol

Good luck and you know I cannot wait to see the finished product! (sigh)..I wish I could do something like..sew, or knit, or ..heck, walk and chew gum.

lol that's too funny! I definitely can't sew, I'm leaving that up to the pro aunt of mine!

#5 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

both of my sisters had their wedding dresses made. they LOVED them. and i think they turned out fantastic. helps that my friend is a wedding dress designer

I plan on having her make my suit if i ever find someone to hitch it up with

#6 julzcabo

julzcabo
            • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

What a dress!

#7 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

My aunt made dresses as a part time work when her children were small but moved on to other jobs later on. She told me yesterday that mine was her 36th dress. I'm so freakin excited! :)

#8 LIW

LIW
                • 197 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Your dress is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product!
                  http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#9 sofylina

sofylina
                  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

beautiful inspiration, you will be a gorgeous bride
                    50 guests joined us for our cruise wedding in Grand Cayman! Simply perfect!

#10 lakerbride

lakerbride
                    • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

awesome! will be a nice personal touch having your aunt make it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users