Whoah baby, invitations are expensive!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Ok, I gotta admit it, I loved looking at all the beatiful beach invitations online and in stores. But I could not justify spending over $300 just for 15-20 invitations, most places wanted a minimum of 100 anyway.
    Anyway,I tried Vistaprint and ordered them today! I got 20 invites, matching envelopes, and 2 rsvp cards for $27.00.
    I started the heading out like this...
    Two hearts, two lives, join together as one
    as we begin our future under the caribbean sun
    Then our names, date ect.
    I have been looking for practical wedding favors for our at home reception. They have stcky note pads with all kinds of tropical themes, and come out to a little over a dollar if you buy enough.
    That site is pretty cool!

#2 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

Invites are ridiculous, you're right!

Lets see some pics! :)

#3 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

They should be here in 2 weeks...I should be able to figure how to post pics by then!

#4 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

I was having a heartattack when looking at the prices for invities..lol I'm glad you found a reasonable price and according to this site Vistaprints is the way to go!!

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#5 Cassondra2009

• 444 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

Great Deal! Can't wait to see pictures.

#6 canadianadia

• 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

I haven't ordered anything from Vistaprint yet, but I've heard rave reviews. For others who are looking for alternatives to those online invitation companies (and if you're not too concerned about having the most unique invitations) Micheals, Walmart and the Office Depot also carries invitation kits. I helped my friend put her invitations together using a kit from the "Brides" collection from Micheals, and they look very elegant.

#7 bermygurl

• 37 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

After coming to this site, I have been inspired to design my own, I will order my STD from Vista Print when they have their promotions!

#8 DanielleB1978

• 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Vista Prints is awesome! I plan on using them for my invites, photo share cards and thank you cards. You can't beat their prices!

#9 jackobelle

• 359 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

I love the wording you used!

We are thinking of going with vistaprint too. I am just a little worried that I have to order them without actually seeing them first, for quality, etc.

#10 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

Yes, invites are expensive. FI looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I'm looking for invites( we are getting married summer 2010)... he think's it's too soon. I just want to find the perfect invites and not feel rushed.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users