Post Groom and GM attire

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#431 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
  • Site Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

My fiancee, groomsmen, dad, and ring bearer are all wearing this suit. It is called Alfresco and I found it on www.jimsformalwear.com. You then select your city and it will give you a list of all the retailers that you can rent this suit from. We chose Jos A. Banks, they have a flat rate for a 10 day rental which is perfect for our destination wedding. That way the guys can get their tuxes on Tuesday and still have time before they fly out on Thursday to have any changes made. Then, since most of them are coming back Tuesday of the following week, instead of paying a per day rate because they are due back usually Sunday or Monday, they have a 10 day rental rate which is perfect. 

We are buying everyone their tie to keep.. The guys are all wearing the white shirt and my fiancee is wearing a tiffany blue color custom made shirt from www.execshirts.com. We love this shirt company. My hubby loves custom dress shirts (they run about $75) so his will be tiffany blue to match the other guys ties.

Click the image to open in full size.

09-10-11
    Runaway Bay, Jamaica
    I married my best friend!

#432 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
    • 165 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Finally picked a suit! I am really tempted to buy another one also... but that's just because I'm a freak about these things. I like having options and comparing things until the last minute. (that's probably why it took so long to pick my dresses--yes, plural)

Sooo... I initially wanted a tan suit. FI wanted black formal. I said no. You will burn in heat. FI learned to accept that tan might be in his near future... lol, so we just agreed with grey. We just ordered the suit, so it'll be here in about a week or two. Then, alternations. I love the color though and I think he's going to look great in them! (My sister said she knows it'll look good because the model looks like him lol. I don't necessarily agree.. but I can sorta see a resemblance.)

Picture 1.pngPicture 2.pngPicture 3.pngPicture 4.png

#433 Manda123

Manda123
      • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

I love this suit, Vettiebean! Where is it from? Did you get it online?

Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

Finally picked a suit! I am really tempted to buy another one also... but that's just because I'm a freak about these things. I like having options and comparing things until the last minute. (that's probably why it took so long to pick my dresses--yes, plural)

Sooo... I initially wanted a tan suit. FI wanted black formal. I said no. You will burn in heat. FI learned to accept that tan might be in his near future... lol, so we just agreed with grey. We just ordered the suit, so it'll be here in about a week or two. Then, alternations. I love the color though and I think he's going to look great in them! (My sister said she knows it'll look good because the model looks like him lol. I don't necessarily agree.. but I can sorta see a resemblance.)

Picture 1.pngPicture 2.pngPicture 3.pngPicture 4.png

#434 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
        • 165 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

Thank you!! It really does have a nice sheen to it in person. I bought it from Macy's. I *think* it's an Alfani suit. I will double check once I dig through FI's closet, but pretty sure.

FI is going to have it altered (both jacket and pants) so that it fits better, but all in all, not bad.

I considered buying a suit online (I've seen a lot of discount sellers), and was super tempted. But we came across this suit and FI and I both loved it. So we figured, why not?

Originally Posted by Manda123 

I love this suit, Vettiebean! Where is it from? Did you get it online?

#435 JenK

JenK
          • 302 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

Great thread! I'm just starting to look into the Groom and GM attire and this is a fantastic starting point! Thanks!

#436 star18

star18
            • 201 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

We went suit shopping today and we are finding that a lot of suits are very bulky looking with big shoulder pads. The only suit that was slim fitting was at Banana Republic but the pants were a relaxed fit and looked kinda big compared to the slim fitting jacket.  Anyone have any suggestions where to find a nice slim fitting grey suit that is light fabric but not linen in Canada?

#437 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
              • 232 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

Macys has many slim fit suits.  Just got a black kenneth cole suit for $145 original price $525.  Keep your eye out for their big sales. 

I just saw online that Old Navy has linen blazers and pants in khaki and black for anyone looking for that.

#438 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
                • 232 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Also, the suits I saw at Macys were all light weight right now since its summer stock.  Sales reps explained to me if you are going with a regular suit not linen make sure its 100% wool because other blends wont breath at all.

#439 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

You can find some decent stuff at Stars -- check around though, because each location seems to have different stuff. 

Originally Posted by star18 

We went suit shopping today and we are finding that a lot of suits are very bulky looking with big shoulder pads. The only suit that was slim fitting was at Banana Republic but the pants were a relaxed fit and looked kinda big compared to the slim fitting jacket.  Anyone have any suggestions where to find a nice slim fitting grey suit that is light fabric but not linen in Canada?

#440 MJB3172012

MJB3172012
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Macys has many slim fit suits.  Just got a black kenneth cole suit for $145 original price $525.  Keep your eye out for their big sales. 

I just saw online that Old Navy has linen blazers and pants in khaki and black for anyone looking for that.

Old Navy's linen pants are on sale for $19 right now, originally $34. I bought them for the groom and groomsmen with a 20% off coupon for $15.60/pair. Can't beat that! The quality of these pants is impressive for Old Navy. They look like they're from Banana Republic.

March 17, 2012
                      Iberostar Bavaro
                      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                      Bride and Groom + 44 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users