Photo

Wedding "Blog"?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

I'm just wondering about the idea of a wedding planning blog or journal section to the forum? I think I've seen it mentioned before and thought it was a good idea.

Personally, I know there are lots of times where I want to share stories, or how I'm feeling about a particular topic but don't really want to start a new thread or hijack someone elses...

Yay? Nay?
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

Yay! (although I might become more addicted, if it's possible) I like reading about people experiences

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

i believe that Tammy was working on this, but she didn't want to implement it since it's still in the Beta version. she wanted to wait until all of the kinks were worked out.

#4 dragonfly

dragonfly
        • 1,820 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

Courtney that is a great idea. Poor Tammy, I don't know how she does all she does. OMG just wait till the baby comes, the poor girl will need a 36 hour day!!!!
          Kelly~

#5 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

hey courtney you could always start a blog for free on blogger or wordpress and just have the link in your siggy so everyone knows to click and read?

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

this forum software is actually working on a blog that goes with everyone's profile...they have a beta version out but the bugs have not been worked out of it so I am waiting for the bug-free version...

i actually have to upgrade the software this weekend to prepare the forum for alot of great features like blog and more.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

Courtney what I think you really want is just a thread to just (for no better term) "shoot the %$#$", say whatever you want, and not worry about getting off topic, am I right?
              Kelly~

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dragonfly
                Courtney what I think you really want is just a thread to just (for no better term) "shoot the %$#$", say whatever you want, and not worry about getting off topic, am I right?
                Kelly~
                Sort of. I guess I just want to document the "journey", complain when I want to, brag when I want to without starting a new thread, or have people respond. I mean, they can comment if they want, but they don't have to.

Maybe I'm way off on this, but I'd be interested to see how people are feeling 3 months ahead of time. What did they do? Were they feeling stressed? What about one week before they leave? (if they have time to post!). It would be interesting to go back and read a blog of Sarah's now that she's survived her wedding. Maybe it'd be boring for some people... I don't know.

#9 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                • VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

I think its a great idea! Its a good way to get stuff of your chest, and that way, only people who want to read it will.

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

Exactly!!! I'm not really one to start a new drama thread unless I really, really need to vent - or I need some awesome advice. A wedding blog would help! I might just take Janet's advice and start one outside the forum and attach a link so people on the forum could read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users