Wedding Cakes!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Adlergray

Adlergray
  • Banned
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

I saw a cake my resort did...um lets just say not good!!!

I am looking for a pastry shop in the Cancun to Tulum area. Especially from anyone who has used an outside pastry shop. I saw the Bakery thread but it really wasn't help for.

Any help welcome-J

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

Hey Jillian, don't know if you saw the thread for Turtle Bay Cafe and Bakery, but they are great and have done tons of cakes for brides in the Riviera Maya all the way to Tulum. They also do amazing desserts, including cookies, cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. Best of all, they've gotten great reviews and have very reasonable prices.

Here's that link in case you haven't seen it yet: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t39711

If you check out their website they've also got pics of some cakes they've done and their contact info: "Turtle Bay Cafe and Bakery", Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico, full service restaurant

#3 Adlergray

Adlergray
      • Banned
      • 294 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MarieSam
        Hey Jillian, don't know if you saw the thread for Turtle Bay Cafe and Bakery, but they are great and have done tons of cakes for brides in the Riviera Maya all the way to Tulum. They also do amazing desserts, including cookies, cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. Best of all, they've gotten great reviews and have very reasonable prices.

Here's that link in case you haven't seen it yet: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t39711

If you check out their website they've also got pics of some cakes they've done and their contact info: "Turtle Bay Cafe and Bakery", Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico, full service restaurant
        Thanks so much MarieSam I took a look they are cute but not really what I am looking for. Do you know of anyone else? in the area?

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Adlergray
          Thanks so much MarieSam I took a look they are cute but not really what I am looking for. Do you know of anyone else? in the area?
          No problem, what kind of cake are you looking for?

Here's another link discussing bakeries in the RM -- perhaps the suggestions other than TBC will work for you http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7891

#5 TheMeBride2010

TheMeBride2010
          • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

HI

I am looking for someone to do a groomscake for my wedding in Cancun in November any suggestions....

Thanks

#6 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

I just got married and got an amazing cake done by Zaida from Dolcet Cakes in Playa del Carmen.  She delivered it to my hotel in Cancun. She made me a coconut cake with raspberry lime filling that was delicious, and the cake was so gorgeous!  Dolcet works with Fondant, and she is really an artist!  My cake was the talk of the party, it was sooo cute!  I had the figurines made by mudcards on Etsy, and Zaida came to the hotel 3 days prior to pick up the figurines.  She made the firetruck and cake out of fondant.  I loved it!   Here's her site: my cake

#7 Debbie1

Debbie1
              • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

Although brides are a major focus of any wedding day, with guests straining to catch their first glimpses of the gown and the bouquet, there are also other sights that people greatly anticipate as well and this includes modern wedding cakes. In fact, more and more people are beginning to await their first view of the cake with a great deal of anticipation because these are now a primary element of a wedding theme.

The latest trend for wedding cakes is that they do not necessarily have to be the standard tiers of white on white icing with a simple cake topper placed on the highest level. Instead, they can be massive structures, whimsical designs and even something other than a cake altogether.

wedding cakes

#8 LeanneMarie

LeanneMarie
                • Vendor
                • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

This is very true!!  I'm currently seeking out a baker who can make a mountain with climbers or high-liners or something adventurous as my clients are EXTREMISTS when it comes to the outdoors!! :)  Very fun !!

And I once had a cake made that was the dungeon castle or something like that from some videogame for the groom's cake!  It was an art piece.

#9 NenaSuckling

NenaSuckling
                  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Have my wedding in Cancun in March 2013 and won't be there till the week of the wedding so I have to pick the cake from afar, these are a couple cakemakers i have found online, anybody have some reviews about them or suggestions of good bakers? Thanks

http://www.zaidamarcos.com/

http://www.arteenpas...95_ENGLISH.html

#10 JSLM

JSLM
                    • 170 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I just got married and got an amazing cake done by Zaida from Dolcet Cakes in Playa del Carmen.  She delivered it to my hotel in Cancun. She made me a coconut cake with raspberry lime filling that was delicious, and the cake was so gorgeous!  Dolcet works with Fondant, and she is really an artist!  My cake was the talk of the party, it was sooo cute!  I had the figurines made by mudcards on Etsy, and Zaida came to the hotel 3 days prior to pick up the figurines.  She made the firetruck and cake out of fondant.  I loved it!   Here's her site: http://www.dolcetcakes.com/home

Here's my cake (he's a firefighter, I'm an ER doctor)

): my cake

This is so cute! Congrats.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users