Photo

Can I TDD in this?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Vikki

Vikki
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

So...I'm officially a 2 dress bride. My first dress just doesn't feel like a wedding dress (I posted my other one in the show us your dress thread) so I found this one. I'm going to wear the original dress for the reception.

But...I want to do my TDD pictures in this dress, is it going to be too big and goofy looking? I don't have a picture that catches it all but the train is fairly long and even though it's pretty light it is bulky.

In this picture it's kind of twisted around me, it naturally fans out quite a bit more.
    Click the image to open in full size.

And this picture doesn't show how long the train is..
    Click the image to open in full size.

If I buy a 3rd dress for TDD I think my fiance will take the ring back. He's comparing the cost of my dresses to the TiVo HD he wants for upstairs...."you know, that dress costs as much as 4 Tivo HD's honey"

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

lol @ your FI!

I love your dress!!!! I think you can totally rock it in the TTD session! It's gorgeous, could make for some great shots IMO!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Geralyn

Geralyn
      • 2,677 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

I love that dress for a TTD...i think the pics will come out awesome!!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Oh, and my train is "chapel length" (think that's what it's called??). It was longer but I had her take it in about a foot, but it still has a decent train, and that's what I'm using for my TTD. Mine has all sorts of delicate beading that I'm worried about messing up... I have to wear mine again for the AHR! I really hope I don't mess it up...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 egsarah

egsarah
          • 355 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

That dress is gorgeous! I say you can trash the dress in anything. You could always get it bustled for the TTD too if you're worried about the train. Just a thought......

#6 erinleigh

erinleigh
            • 316 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Go for it! I bet the pictures will be fantastic!! (Plus can't have FI taking back the ring now can we, lol!)

#7 BillysBride

BillysBride
              • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

I definitely think "poofier" looks better for TTD's! You want something that is gonna fan out and look amazing floating in the water. Definitely a thumbs up on that dress!
                Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#8 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
                • 706 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

I agree, it's a great dress!

#9 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
                  • 1,418 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

I agree too!! I say go for it! It will look great! :) It's a very beautiful dress btw!

#10 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                    • 600 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

Perfect TDD! It looks pretty sturdy and like it won't catch a lot of sand in it. Great choice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users