Photo

Budget Part 99

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

For those who got married at Dreams and did the free package (and added to it), did you have to pay for everyone individually for the private ceremony or did you have to pay for anyone over the 20 people? I'm still a bit confused with that...

#52 Clussy75

Clussy75
    • 533 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jesswins
      I emailed Mariana at Dreams to see if she could give me some price lists on things like flowers and any extras for the reception that I might want. I want to see what areas I can splurge on and what areas I need to be more reserved on. So far between the ceremony site fee. food, videographer, photographer and accomodation for me and my FI we have already spent half of our budget. I felt as though money would go so much further in Mexico, which I think it does, but there are just so many things I want to do.
      jess
      Jess, can you post any price details for extras that Mariana sends you? I also just emailed her today asking about some stuff for our wedding and will post any good info she provides. I'd rather work with too much info to decipher than too little and not have my expectations be correct.
      Claudia & Sean
      11/11/07

#53 jesswins

jesswins
      • 142 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

This is what Mariana has given me so far:
        Surcharge for ceremony and cocktail $25.00 us per person & surcharge for dinner $25.00 us per person (non guests pay a day pass of $85.00 us).

Besides that, it would be hard to tell you an exact amount money for flowers, music and decoration because that always depends on what you choose, but just to give you some ideas of decoration costs:

- chair bows $2.00 us each (the chairs with the white covers are included)

- colorful overlays $10.00 us each

- tiki torches $5.00 us each

- votives $2.00 us each

- huppa for ceremony at the beach $200.00 us

- for flowers it depends but you can spend from $100.00 to $500.00 us

- music price list is attached
        I have the price list for entertainment too if your interested. However I do see some price differences one bride here got the bows for $1.00 each and the DJ they quotedme cost $300 or so an hour whereas DJ Ricardo quoted me $225 hour.
        Jess

#54 Clussy75

Clussy75
        • 533 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

It looks like the price for bows goes up to $2 for 2008 where as, it's $1 each for 2007. some of the prices just vary from year to year (ours is at the end of this year so we still are going off of the 2007 pricing). Ok, I'll share the info I get on specifics (I asked for individual MOH bouquet, best man bouttenier (sp?) as well as ones for our Moms based on them just being roses) from Mariana when she responds. Thanks for sharing!
          Claudia & Sean
          11/11/07

#55 TaraDM916

TaraDM916
          • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:27 PM

I was wondering if anyone's budget included a reception back home?
            Tara and Bobby
            May 2009
            Dreams Cancun

#56 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

Not mine...which is a large part of the reason why we elected NOT to have an AHR!

#57 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

mine either - but we never planned on having one either. i know many girls and guys on here had an AHR - so surely someone can share that budget with you!

#58 destinationcabo

destinationcabo
                • 74 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

What a great thread!
                  Thanks to all of the brides who posted!
                  I was also hoping to keep the wedding around 8K, but FI said it will be closer to 11K and I'm realizing that he was right. However, we are eliminating alot of expenses. For us - no Rehearsal dinner, no Welcome dinner. A simple ceremony, 1 attendent each, and about 25-35 guests (only about 20 of them are adults though!). My MOH and I are planning on making the bouqets and boutteniers (sp?) when we get out there. The items we would like to be sure about are location and photography, once those things are taken care of, we will be happy!

#59 robindepaula

robindepaula
                  • Banned
                  • 514 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

I think you can realistically have her dream wedding within your price budget. Just make your choices wisely.

#60 Clussy75

Clussy75
                    • 533 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, you can definitely have a really nice wedding there at Dreams for a group of 20-25 adults w/in a budget of 8K. The big chunks of our budget were photography and obviously our stay there at dreams. We're not having a lot of flowers and opted to use their speakers and mic and just plug up an mp3 player instead of having a DJ so that cut down some on the price. Our total wedding cost, including his suit, my dress, honeymoon, airfare, welcome dinner, reception dinner, cocktail hour set up, Trio band (1 hour), photography (half of the $2300 cost because my Mom offered to pay for half), some of the OOT bag stuff, as well as helping my brother with half of his airfare is a total of about $11,500.
                      Claudia & Sean
                      11/11/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users