Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#21 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

I merged these threads so it might not flow too well, but we don't want 100 of these threads floating around!

#22 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:22 AM

ugh! Our layover is in Mexico City Airport...kinda freaking out, I mean Im sure it will be fine but WTF i just want to get married!

#23 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by kiki317
        I just saw a news report that says if your going to Mexico- don't change your plans and not to worry. Just wash your hands and all of that. Also you cannot get this diesease from eating pork products (thank God cause i love bacon!)

don't worry ladies!!!
        Agree to that. That's the mail I sent to the one of my guests going to Mexico City after the wedding - bacterial wipes, wash hands, avoid subway.

Better be safe than sorry, as this is more like SARS than like Flu.

#24 Kriswim

• 186 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

I wanted to let everyone know about the swine flu outbreak in Mexico City, great timing as I leave in 2 days!!!!!! Has everyone head about this outbreak?
          **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#25 Maegan606

• 115 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Just heard about it, but they only mentioned mexico city on the news?

#26 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, I heard it is only in Mexico City, but I am sure my guests will add that to the list of why they can't come to Mexico.

#27 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

I merged yet another thread. PLEASE, people DO A SEARCH before posting a new thread!

#28 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for merging the threads Ann! I want to keep this handy in case my guests start freaking out on me. That's how I got them to calm down about the "drug wars" ~ found the info on here first, so I was ahead of the game!

As for you girls who are stopping over in Mex. D.F. ~ gosh... I'd just read up a lot on it and how it's spread, etc. before you leave esp. if you're leaving soon. Don't mean to scare you, I'm sure you'll be fine - just take some extra precautions!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#29 ajs3531

• 68 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Oh ladies!! This really sucks...I just feel like I've FINALLY calmed my guests down about the whole drug violence thing in Mexico and now this - seriously bummed. Since it's still so new I don't really feel like I can tell guests not to worry...I would feel so horrible if someone traveling for my wedding got sick! I'm sure it's just normal media blowing things out of proportion but I just know I'm going to start getting a zillions calls - like we didn't have enough to worry about! : (

#30 CDNgroom

• 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

I know it may be a bit early to start getting anxious about this, but is anybody else worried about going to Mexico in the next few weeks because of the swine flu?

We are leaving for Mexico on May 14 so we are definitely hoping the situation in Mexico gets better by then and not worse. There is no formal travel advisory as of now, but we wanted to know if anybody is thinking of changing their plans last minute? How do people feel about this? We are actually traveling through Mexico City, so we are extra worried!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users