Photo

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#371 tracyann

tracyann
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

I tried using the links that were posted several pages back, but they don't seem to be working for me-- I am wondering what materials are best? I am thinking about getting a separate dress for TTD, but the one I like is satin and organza-- I am thinking the satin will be fine, but what about the organza- any thougths?

Thanks!
    Tracy

#372 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

i think a TTD would be so much fun! i'm trying to decide if i'd rather have it in the ocean or in a cenote. i think either one would be a great option! i am not the least bit concerned about my dress being ruined. and even if i have to toss it/leave it, hey - that's one fewer thing i need to carry home with me!
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#373 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dianep
        i think a TTD would be so much fun! i'm trying to decide if i'd rather have it in the ocean or in a cenote. i think either one would be a great option! i am not the least bit concerned about my dress being ruined. and even if i have to toss it/leave it, hey - that's one fewer thing i need to carry home with me!
        Oh I would pick a cenote for sure!!!!! I would have LOVED to do ours in a cenote but there just aren't any on the PV side of Mexico. so ocean it was for us!

BUT here are some cenote examples that i just LOVE. Del Sol does a lot of TTD's in the cenotes I believe and they are so BEAUTIFUL

Del Sol Photography Blog - 12.11.09 Karen + Charles Trash the Dress | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

Del Sol Photography Blog - 12.10.09 Bahar+Brad Trash the Dress | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

Del Sol Photography Blog - 10.12.09 Marissa + Louis | Cenote Trash the Dress | Video by Christian

Also I love this one from Critsey Rowe:
        Tulum Wedding + Dos Ojos Cenotes After Session = Caliente! | Charlotte Wedding Photographer - Critsey Rowe

#374 dianep

dianep
        • 532 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

andi - thanks so much for the ideas and the pictures! some great stuff there. i haven't looked into much for doing it at a cenote. sounded like a good idea, and these pics help cement that idea - such a unique surrounding!
          http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
          and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#375 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dianep
            andi - thanks so much for the ideas and the pictures! some great stuff there. i haven't looked into much for doing it at a cenote. sounded like a good idea, and these pics help cement that idea - such a unique surrounding!
            sure no problem....now you know why I would have loved to do my TTD in a cenote!

#376 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

To be honest I think we were still drunk for our TTD shoot in the morning. It was fun and I'm so thankful we did it. heck I would do it again for anniversary pics one day. I'm a sucker for TTD.

A Cenote TTD shoot is gorgeous! Great links Andi! Those are some of my faves too!

#377 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Melissa~
              To be honest I think we were still drunk for our TTD shoot in the morning. It was fun and I'm so thankful we did it. heck I would do it again for anniversary pics one day. I'm a sucker for TTD.

A Cenote TTD shoot is gorgeous! Great links Andi! Those are some of my faves too!
              oooh a TTD shoot for your anniversary! now that is a good idea!!!!!! we are thinking about going to Playa for our 1 year in April....hmmmmmm....DH might kill me though!

#378 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Ladies can you help me out? I'm searching for that thread where photogs discussed what makes a good TTD dress, and can't seem to find it anywhere! Well, actually I noticed it referred to earlier in this thread, but the link was broken

I'm going dress shopping next week (yippee!!!) and definitely want to keep my TTD in mind. A lot of the dresses I like are tafetta, but I seem to recall some photogs saying that tafetta is not the greatest since it ends up being a bit of a balloon in the water!

I wonder if anyone has had a good TTD experience with a tafetta dress they could share? Also, I have noticed that there are different types of tafetta - wonder if that makes a difference?

Thanks!

#379 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:52 AM

So we just returned from our wedding and honeymoon. While the resort photographer was gone by the time I jumped in the ocean I had an informal session with my MOH. I wouldn't really say my dress is trashed but I think I should warn people who have beading with metal backings that they might end up with rust on their dress. I rinsed my dress in the shower and hung it out to dry on the balcony overnight. The drying wasn't an issue at all (all but a small part of the train was dry overnight) and I only noticed the rust had transferred from the beading to my dress a couple days later. My dress is a replica from China so it's probably not an issue with designer gowns but my advice is to check your dress and hand dry any beading with metal backings with a blow dryer. I'm taking it in this week to get it dry cleaned and hopefully it comes out. I'm not too upset if it doesn't, though I REALLY hope it does. I was hoping to wear it for our AHR but who knows now. It doesn't look too bad from a distance. Just a heads up...

#380 Sammyhawk

Sammyhawk
                  • 60 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

I heard the other day that David's Bridal has a trash the dress rack of dresses. Has anyone bought their TTD from David's Bridal? I know they can offer some great prices on dresses, just thought it might be something worth checking out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users