Sign in to follow this  
edssbride09

Hints for creating your Mexican Candy Table ***Pics**

i HEART candy!! I always wanted to do a candy bar, but just wasn't sure how the candies would hold up in the heat! What candies do you recommed that would hold up, and not melt?

I love it!! So Colorful and I LOVE your Letters in the sand :-)

I really wanted to do a Candy table...However, I don't really want to go running around Mexico trying to find it.

Are we allowed to bring it down there? Will customs allow it I mean.

I am already going to be paying over weight fees on most of my bags, so if i can get some Candy i may just do my own Candy Barr. I didn't think you could take food with you to mexico though.

Anyway..it really looks great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
I love it!! So Colorful and I LOVE your Letters in the sand :-)
I really wanted to do a Candy table...However, I don't really want to go running around Mexico trying to find it.
Are we allowed to bring it down there? Will customs allow it I mean.
I am already going to be paying over weight fees on most of my bags, so if i can get some Candy i may just do my own Candy Barr. I didn't think you could take food with you to mexico though.

Anyway..it really looks great!!
I think you could get away with bringing it through customs, i just wouldn't bring it all yourself (50lbs of candy is hard to explain). I did bring one bag of my fav. candy down from Canada, and there was no problem with it (though i didn't declare it). If you have lots of people coming with you I would give everyone a bag/box of unopened candy to bring in their luggage!

FYI, it was a huge hit though, everyone LOVED the candy table, and we had so much left over that i let all the staff fill up a box to bring home to their kids. They were so excited, it was a great use of all the excess candy!