Photo

Best "Teeth Whiteners"?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

Hi there, my glorious ladies of the BDW!

Yes, I have drank the coffee. Oh, and yes, I have had the Pepsi I should have done without. All of these things stain teeth, but you don't think about it at the time, right? It's happy-go-lucky until you think about your, drumroll please...WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY!

So, I ask you this....what is the best over-the-counter teeth whitener out there because I want my pearly-whites to look, well, "pearly white" on the day of the wedding! (P.S. If I could afford Lumineers, I would totally get them!)

What sort of whitening strips, bleaches, etc. have you used with success?

Thanks in advance for all tips and insight!
    Christie

#2 ehegwer

ehegwer
    • 139 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

Crest WhiteStrips. I've heard that the teeth whitening stores (I won't mention names) don't do any better, and just cost $$$ more.

#3 weddingchick

weddingchick
      • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

there's already a thread about this topic. Hope it helps.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22896

#4 islandbride317

islandbride317
        • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

I tried to do a search on this very topic and it yielded no results for me! Thank you!

#5 yamille

yamille
          • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

this has been on my mind too. thanks for posting.

#6 islandbride317

islandbride317
            • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Gottcha, Weddingchick! Can one of the amazing BDW Mods close this thread, please?!

#7 weddingchick

weddingchick
              • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Cool no problem. I think Crest won votes hands down.

#8 ~Angela~

~Angela~
                • 4,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Crest Whitestrips DO work however...they are fairly short so they don't get all of your teeth. I ended up doing Zoom whitening last summer to try and fix what the whitestrips had done. I got a good deal on the Zoom ($199) and it did make my teeth pearly white although sometimes I do still notice a difference where I used the Crest strips. I also find that the Crest whitestrips make my teeth really sensitive but ....they do work, so if you want something quick, easy, and relatively painless....go for them!

#9 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
                  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

I had the britesmile done and I was not all that impressed!! I guess the natural color of your teeth determine how much they will brighten up. My teeth are more of the gray tone, so they lightened up 7 shades. At least they warn you during your consultation! It's a quick fix that lasts a short amount of time. I think I paid $200.

#10 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                    • 929 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

I have used Crest Whitestrips in the past & they did a decent job, but then Aquafresh came out with thier whitening trays & they are soooo much better. You don't have to mess with the strips coming off your teeth and tasting that nasty gel, you just put the trays on the top & bottom & sit for awhile. I usually start to see results in like 2 days, so after 7 I have a bright white smile. Also, I think you can go to the Aquafresh webiste to get a coupon. Good luck & happy whitening :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users