Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#351 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I have Secret Daughter & then doubted buying it...I didn't ever start it! Thank you for letting me know that its good...I'll definitely give it a go! I've got about 8 or 10 books here on my shelf to read...I have a hard time figuring out which ones to start next!!!

Heather - welcome to the reading thread!!

I think I might continue being the traditionalist & read paper books...until they become obsolete of course...then I will succumb to technology! lol

#352 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
    • 218 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

I have the Sony prs 300 and you can get it on ebay for about $150.  There are fancier versions, like with a touch screen (I hate touch screens) or the Kindle is nice...my fmil has a Kindle and it has all sorts of features like a full keyboard and wireless internet to download books but for me it's way more than I'd need out of a book so not worth the extra money.

And I just finished the Millenium trilogy this week...definitely worth reading!

Originally Posted by Crystalballl 

Sooo glad to hear "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is good!  I'm about to pick it up in a day or two.  Right now i am reading Secret Daughter by Shilipi Gowda, it's really really good!!!

I think I have to check out an E Reader too!!  How much do they run? (Canadian) Or a recommended brand to buy?!!

#353 T&C

T&C
      • 168 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

The e-readers use some special technology that makes the reading easier on the eyes.

The ipad would be like a nomal computer screen, but has way more capabilities than just an e-reader.

My e-reader was a gift so I can't comment on the cost - but I love it! Especially for travelling. You can take a number of books with you without having them take up a ton of room in your luggage!

#354 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
        • 406 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

Thanks!  I'll definitely take a look.  I have heard things about the Kindle!

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h 

I have the Sony prs 300 and you can get it on ebay for about $150.  There are fancier versions, like with a touch screen (I hate touch screens) or the Kindle is nice...my fmil has a Kindle and it has all sorts of features like a full keyboard and wireless internet to download books but for me it's way more than I'd need out of a book so not worth the extra money.

And I just finished the Millenium trilogy this week...definitely worth reading!

#355 janapana

janapana
          • 591 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

The Angels Game by Zaf³n just arrived from Amazon yesterday, going to dive into it tonight!.... well, it´s already 2am here... but what´s another half an hour! Thanks to whoever recommended it.

X

#356 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
            • 426 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I've been on this thread so just thought I'd share my favorites!! I am in a book club and these were mine, as well as the groups, favs:

The American Wife

Water for Elephants

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The girl that Played with Fire, we still have to read Hornets nest and are so excited!

The Help

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peal Pie Society

The Glass Castle

I've ordered The Shadow of the Wind and The Book Thief based on your guys' suggestion! I'm excited for a good book! My book club goes in waves and now we're in a slump. :( I haven't been crazy about the last 3 books: The Myth of You and Me (ok, but not great), Olive Kitteridge (painful), and A Reliable Wife (downer). I need a good one!

#357 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

I'm a HUGE James Patterson fan - I'm currently reading Swimsuit.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#358 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I'm currently ready "Mennonite in a little black dress". It's supposed to be one of those witty, fun reads...but I'm having a hard time with it. It's definitely not hard to put it down. I just want it to be done so I can get on  to another!

#359 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

I'm reading "The Birth House"... it's about a midwife in Nova Scotia.  So far very good!

#360 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hey!  First time posting in here... but I finished "The Book of Negroes" by Lawrence Hill and I thought I would rave about it... I want to read it AGAIN! lol

Now I'm on to a book called "A long way gone" by Ishmael Beah, very good and a true story :)

Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users