Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#321 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Oh....loved Hitchhiker's guide!! It's been ages since I've read it...I think I'll have to dig it out again! Did you read the entire series - trilogy in five parts?

#322 T&C

T&C
    • 168 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Oh I loved the Millenium Trilogy (Dragon Tattoo, Playing with Fire and Hornet's Nest.)They are fantastic books and I'm sure you'll love them!

I'm reading the Bottecelli Secret right now and I'm loving it!

#323 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

I've got Dragon Tattoo to read now - and playing with fire is on my wish list from amazon.

#324 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
        • 218 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hitchhiker's Guide is the only book I still read in book form (all 5 in one book) because it's fun to just pick a spot randomly and start reading.  Too hard on an ebook reader!

#325 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
          • 543 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BachataBride 

I've got Dragon Tattoo to read now - and playing with fire is on my wish list from amazon.

I LOVED that book!!! Even though it's over 800 pages I plowed through it!! I would stay up until 2:00 am reading cuz I was so into it (and I have to get up at 5:30 am for work!) I've been done since last Thursday and am going through withdrawal as I wait for my online book order to arrive with the next part (along with a bunch of other books I ordered after reading people's suggestions on here). Need to read more about Lisbeth!

#326 T&C

T&C
            • 168 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

It was painful to finish the second book because it has a cliffhanger ending! I won't spoil anything but I was very impatient for that third book to arrive!!

Have you watched the Swedish movie version? It's supposed to be amazing.

#327 Kimmysals

Kimmysals
              • 240 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Alright, having looked at the last few posts here are my thoughts:

I absolutely loved The Book Thief and Water for Elephants.  My fiance's mother gave me Eat, Pray, Love which she could not finish.  I read the back and handed it off to a friend who absolutely loved it.  Maybe I should give it a chance, it just didn't seem up my alley.  I am now finishing up the 4th Sookie Stackhouse book which is entertaining and will move onto The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

My all time favorites:  The Help - a must read!  The Glass Castle. Half Broke Horse,  The Hunger Games series (another young adult series, but it's great!).  I enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife, but have heard many mixed reviews.  Also recently read Innocent Traitor by Allison Weir and loved it!  It's a great read if you like Tudors historical fiction.  Oh, and I absolutely loved Born to Run.  Another great must read!

Great thread!  I have to keep checking back.

#328 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Born to run is awesome. My Vibram Five Fingers are on order and then I start training to run with no shoes!!!!!!

#329 janapana

janapana
                  • 591 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

Has anyone read "The God of Small Things?" by Arundhati Roy?   It was awesome! couldn´t put it down!

#330 AshleyL

AshleyL
                    • 263 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

I just started reading "the Angel's Game" by Carlos Ruiz Zaffon. I loved Shadow of the Wind so I'm hoping this one is as good. I also want to read the Dragon Tatoo series.
                      Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users