• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#211 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stacey
    Has anyone read Gone with the Wind? I borrowed the book from my grandmother 10 years ago. And finally got around to reading it just a little while ago. That was a GREAT book. I would deffinalty recommend it. BUT it was a hard read, it took me what seemed like forever to read the book.
    I read Gone With the Wind in high school and loved it...loved the movie too, but missed certain parts from the book, there was just so much more to it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stacey

Im a little embarrassed to say that I am currently reading the twilight series for the second time. Im on book two. If its possible I love it even more the second time.
    If it makes you feel better, I've read each of them four times I got a teensy bit obsessed when I got them last year, and just couldn't let them go. They get better with each read
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#212 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

Gone with the Wind was one of my fav books. It was hard to get into I thought, but once you got the ball rolling it was such a great story. Def check out Scarlett. I LOVED it. She goes to Ireland I believe and the story gets interesting. hmmm.... I should reread these. I haven't read them for 15 years! Scarlett was such a great character.

Sci-Fi lovers: I took a sci-fi class as an English elective in college and we read a ton of sci-fi...ummm duh? Anyways, I'm not a big fan, but I ended up loving The Sparrow. The Sparrow (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It's a really good book that made me cry- several times.
      Happily married since 2008

#213 McToasty

McToasty
      • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey girls, I love this thread!!! Many of you have recommended A Thousand Splendid Suns, so i'm going to read that next. Especially since i loved Kite Runner.

Just read Crime and Punishment. It was sooooo hard to get through, but I had to b/c it's just one of those books that i've always wanted to read, and I knew if I didn't finish it, in the future my curiosity would be aroused again and.. i would have to re-read everything.

A Fine Balance is one of my favorite books... it draws you in completely and when it's finished, I felt like I wanted to go back into that world...

#214 McToasty

McToasty
        • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey girls, I love this thread!!! Many of you have recommended A Thousand Splendid Suns, so i'm going to read that next. Especially since i loved Kite Runner.

Just read Crime and Punishment. It was sooooo hard to get through, but I had to b/c it's just one of those books that i've always wanted to read, and I knew if I didn't finish it, in the future my curiosity would be aroused again and.. i would have to re-read everything.

A Fine Balance is one of my favorite books... it draws you in completely and when it's finished, I felt like I wanted to go back into that world...

#215 crsperanza

crsperanza
          • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

I love to read also and am open to great books!!!! I read one recently that was deep but pretty good "The Shack"

#216 crsperanza

crsperanza
            • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~
              I am totally ADDICTED to the Twilight series books. I got all 4 for my bday March 17th and I'm already 1/2 done the 3rd book. I read the first 2 in 1 day. I couldn't put them down. I find myself thinking about it all the time. Maybe I have problems! lol The story is quite interesting anyway, if you haven't read the books.
              I must say that I read the Twilight series this year on various vacations as well and I really enjoyed them!!! I couldn't put them down. #4 is the best!

#217 crsperanza

crsperanza
              • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

"A Diary for Nicholas" is an excellent book.

#218 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by crsperanza
                  "A Diary for Nicholas" is an excellent book.
                  Do you mean "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas"?

#219 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by McToasty

I loved all of these books -- even Crime and Punishment. Actually, Crime and Punishment gave me bad dreams one night... it was so dark and intense. I just finished The Hour I First Believed, and now I'm starting Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood.

Happy reading! :)

#220 **Kat**

**Kat**
                    • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mrs.Hockey
                      I have heard good things about Emily Griffin! She has a series of books I think. Is that the first of her books you have read?
                      LOVE Emily Griffin! I have read Love The One Your With, Something Borrowed and I am reading Something Blue right now! LOVE LOVE LOVE her books!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users