Photo

Looking at new vehicles

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 sunset78

sunset78
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

Well, I think I will have to replace the old car within a year... it's getting old, rusty, and it's starting to slowly become unreliable. It's a 98 Ford Contour... it lived a long life I think... lol And it's going to suck to have another vehicle payment since we are making payments on a new vehicle as it is... :P

I was thinking of another car, but would much rather something that has 4-wheel drive... and I don't want another truck since we already have a big F350 monster. So I guess it will be a SUV/Crossover type in either a diesel or hybrid.

Right now I checked out the Lexus RX 400h, BMW X5 xDrive35d, Audi Q7 TDI, Mercedes ML320, Yukon Hybrid, Chev Tahoe Hybrid.

Anyone own one of these vehicles? Opinions?

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

We don't own any of those, but we just got a Ford Edge last year and we LOVE IT! It's a bit cheaper than the ones you're looking at, but it still feels pretty luxurious. We got the sync package (which is amazing) and you can also get a really awesome Nav system. It's worth a look I think!

#3 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
      • 514 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

I work for BMW so just let me know if you have any questions regarding the
        X5.

#4 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
        • 516 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

We have an Edge too and LOVE IT!

#5 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

We dont have an Audi Q7 - but we have an Audi A4 and LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it - seriously i feel like i only want audis in my life now :)

Have you considered the Acura MDX or RDX? We test drove the RDX (smaller version) and I liked it

#6 sunset78

sunset78
            • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Hmmm... I didn't think the Ford Edge or Acura MDX/RDX came in a diesel or hybrid. But I'll check it out.

#7 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
              • 530 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jpitts78
                Well, I think I will have to replace the old car within a year... it's getting old, rusty, and it's starting to slowly become unreliable. It's a 98 Ford Contour... it lived a long life I think... lol And it's going to suck to have another vehicle payment since we are making payments on a new vehicle as it is... :P

I was thinking of another car, but would much rather something that has 4-wheel drive... and I don't want another truck since we already have a big F350 monster. So I guess it will be a SUV/Crossover type in either a diesel or hybrid.

Right now I checked out the Lexus RX 400h, BMW X5 xDrive35d, Audi Q7 TDI, Mercedes ML320, Yukon Hybrid, Chev Tahoe Hybrid.

Anyone own one of these vehicles? Opinions?
                a friends mom recently purchases a Nissan Murano and she loves it!! plus they gave her a great deal.

good luck

nic

2009 Nissan Murano Crossover - Nissan USA Official Site

#8 sunset78

sunset78
                • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

Thanks! I'll check out the Murano too.

#9 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

I have the X5 and LOVE IT LOVE IT--You cannot beat the driving experience and can't go wrong with that car. It is nottoo big or too small and the handling is incredible. Prior to the X5 I had the ML500 (Mercedes) truck and HATED it. PLUS any model 2004 and newer they do not offer complimentary oil changes anymore--that SUX!! Ever since they merges with Daimler Chrysler--all service went downhill. The new C series are cute though!

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Sorry I referenced the X5 as a car...Everything is a car even when its an actual SUV. I meant to say the X5 truck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users