Photo

Why does email take so long at Dreams?????

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Alexisriv

Alexisriv
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

Forgive me if I sound like a spoiled Brat but why oh why does it take Yesica soooooo incredibly long to email me back and why can she never give me a straight answer. I realize she is busy I happen to work too In nyc in the Fashion industry and so maybe that makes me a little hyper and unwilling to wait but Now that I have selected my date and things are starting to come together It seems that i get replys less and less. The last 3 emails that have happend in the span of 2 months took 1 week and half almost 2 to reply. I haven't been there so i don't know what its really like but whats the story that very simple questions can't be answered or take so long. All ive been trying to do for 3 weeks now is give her a deposit which is so weird cuz when it comes to money you would think it become priority. It's very confusing to me that every vendor Ive spoken to have been able to contact me within 2 to 3 days at most some later the same day I just needed to vent because this is making me not want to get married at dreams at all and that would really suck based on the fact that ive put so much work into my details. If anyone has any advise please feel free

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

well, i know that all the WC at dreams are slammed right now...they usually email me right away but now are taking a few days...

is there anything we can help you with?...also, they are pretty relaxed about the deposit so if they are not on your case about getting in from you, i am sure everything is fine with your date.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 bride7474

bride7474
    • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

I have to agree, Yesica takes 1-2 weeks to reply to my e-mails too! I feel so bad for e-mailing her with questions, because I know she can be busy. I put my deposit down for my Dreams Ultimate Package. Is there a contract or anything that I should be signing? All she had me sign was an authorization form, I didn't really hear anything back after that.

#4 melissa7821

melissa7821
      • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

Alexis,
        I would strongly suggest doing a site visit..Yesica can even arrange a tasting while you are there. Once you have a signed contract you are entitled to two free nights for a site visit.

#5 bride7474

bride7474
        • 582 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hey Melissa,

When did you sign a contract? I have paid for my deposit, but Yesica has yet to send me an actual contract.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by stachr
          Hey Melissa,

When did you sign a contract? I have paid for my deposit, but Yesica has yet to send me an actual contract.
          if you do a group block contract (minimum) of 10 rooms you get a 2 night site visit as part of the contract...site visits are really great because you can do a tasting, meet with the vendors, get a feel for the resort and also see the different locations.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 bride7474

bride7474
          • 582 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, I will definitely have to do a site visit before going down for my wedding!

#8 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

same thing at dreams cancun ... except sometimes it's even longer than 2-3 weeks! i think they are just very busy, especially now as we are entering major wedding season. you also have to keep in mind that it's a different country and different culture. they seem to operate on "mexico time" LOL. it IS extremely frustrating, but all the dreams weddings are so beautifully done that it's worth it. not sure if cabo is any different, but most of the girls who have been married at dreams cancun have said you can make a lot of your decisions when you get there and not to worry. it IS strange that they aren't replying about money tho LOL it seemed that was the ONLY time i ever got a quick response!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

The hotel WCs are overworked & underpaid. If you want a lot of personal attention, you might want to hire an outside WC.

I just stayed persistant for the info I really needed. For everything else I releyed on the forum for information. One you get there, they are usually amazing.

#10 bride7474

bride7474
                • 582 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

I am so thankful for this forum!!!

Thank you so much for all the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users