Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can someone help me decipher what she's trying to tell me?? I'm confused.

 

Hola Tiara,

 

I hope you are well. I just have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me.

 

Is there anything that I need to do prior to arrival at the resort? Or is everything decided upon arrival next year? I am referring to flowers, appointments, dinner selection, hors d'oeuvres, cake, decor, etc.

 

Also, when do you need to know the final number of guests for the ceremony and dinner?

 

Please let me know as soon as you can.

 

Thank you for your time Tiara.

 

xxxx

 

 

Reply |Tiara De La Rosa to me

show details Sep 22 (6 days ago)

 

 

Dear xxxx:

 

I hope this email finds you well. As soon as you organize your ideas for the wedding and the flights details, we can start working on your wedding details.

 

Best regards,

 

Tiara De la Rosa

 

Reply |me to Tiara

show details Sep 22 (6 days ago)

 

 

Hi Tiara,

 

We have our flights booked already. As for wedding details, this is what I am referring to. When can we start working on the details? When do you need final head counts?

 

Thanks,

xxxx

 

Reply |Tiara De La Rosa to me

show details Sep 28 (1 day ago)

 

 

xxxx:

 

I hope this email finds you well. We can start working on the wedding details. Only confirm me if you have the colors selected, the amount of people and all the ideas for the wedding ceremony and reception.

 

Best regards,

 

Tiara De la Rosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had originally booked in May but the trip was cancelled in August. Their trip was from April 15, 2010 to April 22, 2010. They are now on their own to find another airline to book the trip through. Luckily it wasn't the group trip that got cancelled - they had booked on their own.

 

KPEG - I have found with emailing the wedding coordinator, it works best if you ask one specific question per email, wait for a response, and then ask your next question. I have sent a few emails asking more than one question and she only ever seems to answer one and doesn't always make sense. Perhaps a bit of a language barrier? Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPEG View Post

Reply |Tiara De La Rosa to me
show details Sep 28 (1 day ago)


xxxx:

I hope this email finds you well. We can start working on the wedding details. Only confirm me if you have the colors selected, the amount of people and all the ideas for the wedding ceremony and reception.

Best regards,

Tiara De la Rosa
The way that I interpret this, is that she said that you can start working out the wedding details with her once you have a final count on the number of guests and once you know what your colours are going to be. I could be wrong, but that is how I understood it.
Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjack View Post
The way that I interpret this, is that she said that you can start working out the wedding details with her once you have a final count on the number of guests and once you know what your colours are going to be. I could be wrong, but that is how I understood it.
Hope this helps.
I guess what I was asking her was when she needed the final head count by. I wanted to give my guests a deadline to RSVP. She didn't respond in time for my invitations, but if I knew then I could at least put it on my website.

So confusing! Or maybe I'm just making it out to be that way! lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
They had originally booked in May but the trip was cancelled in August. Their trip was from April 15, 2010 to April 22, 2010. They are now on their own to find another airline to book the trip through. Luckily it wasn't the group trip that got cancelled - they had booked on their own.

KPEG - I have found with emailing the wedding coordinator, it works best if you ask one specific question per email, wait for a response, and then ask your next question. I have sent a few emails asking more than one question and she only ever seems to answer one and doesn't always make sense. Perhaps a bit of a language barrier? Good luck!
Thanks Jenne. I'm finding that too. I try to ask only 2 or 3 questions but maybe that's too many! I just needed to know the basics. :S I've chosen my colours, I just wanted to know when she needed final counts by. I'm trying really hard to be just as laid back as they are in the DR! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seens pictures or if it is even an option to have the wedding on the beach? Also we tried asking Tiara about a beach dinner/reception but like KPEG she just dodged some of our questions and that was one of them. Any pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPEG View Post
Thanks Jenne. I'm finding that too. I try to ask only 2 or 3 questions but maybe that's too many! I just needed to know the basics. :S I've chosen my colours, I just wanted to know when she needed final counts by. I'm trying really hard to be just as laid back as they are in the DR! lol
I could be wrong but really dont think they need a final head count set in stone like places at home would need. I think an approximate number a month or two ahead of time (or even a week or two) would be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole8 View Post
Has anyone seens pictures or if it is even an option to have the wedding on the beach? Also we tried asking Tiara about a beach dinner/reception but like KPEG she just dodged some of our questions and that was one of them. Any pics?
Earlier in this thread i posted some pics of a ceremony on the beach. Here is a pic of a reception on the beach and also by the infinity pool.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
I'm not entirely sure why the flight was cancelled. I asked my fiance because it was his brother whose trip was cancelled and he said that they cancelled it because the flight didn't exist anymore. I guess they cancelled certain flights and then whoever was on them got their trip cancelled.

Ahhh, ok. This is the same thing I posted about a little while back, where Sunwing contacted us and said that as of the end of March 2010, they will not be flying directly to La Romana, but instead, our same trip would land in Punta Cana and then take a transfer (bus) to La Romana (1.5hrs).

No biggie, but they gave us the option to cancel our entire trip if we wished. All of our guests were fine with it, so we just kept our booking as is. They also agreed to upgrade us on the flight and at the resort to keep us from cancelling, so it worked out in our favour!

I don't think it's a big deal.. and I didn't see any other airlines that flew direct to La Romana (within price range) since it's off season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×