Photo

Custom Linen Suits $99!

• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#771 BubBride

BubBride
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

This is exactly what we were looking for! Cant wait to order ours too!

#772 harkatea

harkatea
    • 161 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, we're having our suits made in Bangkok before the wedding (we're getting married in Thailand) and they actually make amazing suits for cheap prices.  So I wouldn't worry about the quality.  Often people take trips to bangkok just to buy suits.  But I'm sure they only charge that price for foreigners, if you go there you could probably get the same suit for $60.

#773 Shelly21

Shelly21
      • 72 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

I'm SOO happy I found this thread! Thanks for all the posts!

11/26/11 Bride&Groom +40 Booked!

#774 nairay

nairay
        • 156 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

My FI's suit finally came from studio suits and it looks great. Fits well, quality is good. He got it in Natural.  Just have to get it hemmed and make our way to Tommy Bahama to get him a shirt.

#775 Cherazi

Cherazi
          • 196 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Great to hear. Did  you do custom measurements? How long did it take? I placed my order two weeks ago and they haven't shipped yet ...

Originally Posted by nairay 

My FI's suit finally came from studio suits and it looks great. Fits well, quality is good. He got it in Natural.  Just have to get it hemmed and make our way to Tommy Bahama to get him a shirt.

#776 Shelly21

Shelly21
            • 72 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

My MIL is concerned that linen will wrinkle too easily and it will look funny in our pictures. Can anyone attest to this? I've seen the pictures on this thread and the suits look great in them, but how are they up close?

11/26/11 Bride&Groom +40 Booked!

#777 Cherazi

Cherazi
              • 196 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

We don't have ours yet. But I understand that the 100% linen has the wrinkle issue. The Studio Suits $100 suits are not 100% linen, therefore they should be just fine. 

Can one of the girls who has received the suits comment please?

Originally Posted by Shelly21 

My MIL is concerned that linen will wrinkle too easily and it will look funny in our pictures. Can anyone attest to this? I've seen the pictures on this thread and the suits look great in them, but how are they up close?

#778 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

We have had ours for a while now and it has been hanging in the closet and is hardly wrinkled at all. Looks great so far!

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

We don't have ours yet. But I understand that the 100% linen has the wrinkle issue. The Studio Suits $100 suits are not 100% linen, therefore they should be just fine. 

Can one of the girls who has received the suits comment please?

#779 Andre Lysenko

Andre Lysenko
                  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

I've read all 78 pages of this thread and feel it is my obligation to give a little something back.

I ordered swatches (it took less than a week to Montreal, I really wasn't counting the days) and thought I'd share.

If I go through with a suit purchase (100% linen, maybe a wool eventually as well) I'll share pics of that as well.  I've just got to wait for the missus to review and approve my personal favs.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

#780 sxcT

sxcT
                    • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

Andre - very nice of you to post pics of the swatches.  I never even thought about doing that to help others out.  DUH!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users