Beach Mats

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 VB Stephanie

VB Stephanie
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Has anyone included beach mats in their OOT bags? We are staying at the
    ROR and I am not even sure if the beach mats would be necessary or used by our guests. Thanks!!

#2 big3n09

big3n09
    • 616 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Not sure about the ROR but beach mats aren't a bad idea, people may use them. There is a thread all about the contents of OOT bags, advice on what people used and didn't use you should check that thread.
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

I don't think you should include beach mats for a couple reasons...

1. they are bulky for you to get down there (either shipping or in suitcases)

2. bulky for your guests to have to bring back so will most likely get thrown out or left behind meaning a waste of $

3. people don't really use beach mats at places that have beach chairs/pools

also i think for the price they are you can get much nicer / usable items for your OOT bags!

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

If you are really considering getting beach mats, definitely check the $0.99 store if you have one locally. They have some nice ones every summer ~ not out yet, but after Easter they will come out!!!

#5 silverangel

silverangel
          • 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

I agree with Alyssa...they are kind of a pain to pack not only for you but for your guests as well...I would put the money towards another item that will not be left behind or not used...unless you don't care and have your heart set on them, they are a nice gesture.

#6 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

I had been thinking about getting them, but decided against it. Didn't even come up with half the reasons you ladies did, so I'm glad I stumbled into this thread. lol
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

WELL......... I have beach mats for our OOT. last fall pier1 had beach mats for $10 and they went on sale for .99 and i bought them. Alot of girls do beach towels and these beach mats actually rolled up smaller than a beach towel. These mats are 6' x 4', they fold and then roll up w/ little handles. here are some pics so you can get an idea on the size.

Click the image to open in full size.

here's next to a deck of cards to give an idea
                Click the image to open in full size.

I say if you want them go for them. Don't just settle for the regular beach mat. i don't know when your wedding is but keep an eye out for them. If you have a while, pier 1 always gets them and then they were .99 last november.

#8 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

I actually got the pier one ones as well. We were going to sell them but then decided to use them in the end. All 25 of them are nicely packed in a suitcase and ready to head to Jamaica. I don't think they are necessary, but they are really nice, $1 each, and they take up a nice amount of room with the towel in the OOT bag ;-)

I have 9 left. I did not pack one in the end for FI or I, or my 2-year-old niece and it worked out in the end.

#9 merocket59

merocket59
                  • 937 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

I was going to get the but they only have 5 left at my Peir One by the time I got there so I decided against it, but I still think it is a cute idea and may do it if I like the next ones they come out with.

#10 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Those pier 1 mats are super cute! They look like they fold up small enough too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users